Outdoor Weddings
Options

ring bear

I am getting married at a park the ceremony and reception are being held outdoors. I dont have any kids and my fiance and I have a  dog and i wanted to make her the ring bear but no one else seems to like the idea i thought people let there pets in the wedding all the time but my family hates the idea and thinks i will be a laughing stock. what do you guys think?

Re: ring bear

• Options
    I think that if your dog can be well behaved, it would be adorable!!  I really wanted to have my dog be the flower girl and our new dog together be the ring bearer, but they don't get along to well :(  Plus our ceremony and reception are at the same site and I don't want the doggies to have to be watched all the time.  If you don't have to worry about anything like that, I say go for it!  And make sure to get a pic!!!! :)
    Looking forward to our Big Day! Wedding Countdown Ticker 188 Invited image 148 Coming to Party with us! image 31 Don't know what they're missing image 9 making me hunt them down! image RSVP Date- June 29
  • Options
    It's a ring bearER.   There is no such thing as a ring bear.
  • Options
    I am not a fan at all.  No matter how well behaved your dog normally is, you cannot be sure about how your dog will behave with that many people around.  You may have guests that are uncomfortable around dogs.  What about when the dog goes to the bathroom right in the middle of the ceremony.  That won't be fun.  You also will have to make someone work on your wedding day and be responsible for the dog before and after which isn't a task anyone wants to be stuck doing.

I would suggest taking some e-pics with your dog.

If you MUST include your dog on your wedding day, I would suggest having someone meet you with your dog while taking wedding pictures, snap a few shots and then take the dog home.  I would strongly consider not sticking this duty with a guest.  Maybe you have a teenage neighbor that would happily do this for $30 or something like that.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Lies, bbcakes. LOOK HERE!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_ring-bear?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:666Discussion:790f3628-20f3-4043-90ab-9def664470aaPost:04c90f6c-49b7-4052-aef1-db242101ec19">Re: ring bear</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lies, bbcakes. LOOK HERE!
    Posted by BecW2be[/QUOTE]

haha!  I stand corrected!
  • Options
    I think it is a great idea we are doing an vintage circus theme and our friends have live unicorns and we are tieing the rings around his horn and my nephew Smalls is walking it down. We think it is a cute idea we were going to get my FI friend that is a Midget (and yes she likes that better then LP) ride it down but she has a show the day of our wedding and can't make it.
  • Options
    What is with people saying "ringbear"? I think you need to have your hearing checked. Ring bearER because they're carrying the ring for you as opposed to being a big furry animal
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_ring-bear?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:666Discussion:790f3628-20f3-4043-90ab-9def664470aaPost:28c2bff6-9947-47cb-b7c9-ed222d32ff5e">Re: ring bear</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think it is a great idea we are doing an vintage circus theme and<strong> our friends have live unicorns</strong> and we are tieing the rings around his horn and my nephew Smalls is walking it down. We think it is a cute idea we were going to get my FI friend that is a Midget (and yes she likes that better then LP) ride it down but she has a show the day of our wedding and can't make it.
    Posted by katymarie101[/QUOTE]

WHAT?!?!
    Follow Me on Pinterest Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    Thank you to the women who were nice. Sorry I have didnt know it was Ring BearER but i didnt think that women would be mean on this site. I mean were all hear to give advice and help others with our experiences.
  • Options
    I would have your dogs in it as long as they can behave.  Our reception is under a tent but it's at a hotel and I wouldn't want mine misbehaving there.  Not to mention she probably would rather be at home sleeping and looking out her window.  I think its adorable to have pics with your dog on such a special day.  I would love it, but unfortunately even though mine love's people, she's aggressive towards other dogs, so just incase a loose animal came up to her I won't be bringing  her.  I don't need that drama, especially in a wedding dress! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards