Outdoor Weddings
Options

Picnic tables

Hello all knotties! I am looking for ideas to dress up the picnic tables at my reception venue. They are really long (over 12 ft). The benches are attached. I have been searching google images for ideas, as well as stalking these message boards, and I still dont have any good ideas! I am not at all creative!

Re: Picnic tables

• Options
    Table runners and centerpieces would dress things up nicely, I think.  I don't think you should try too hard to make them not look like picnic tables. 
    Follow Me on Pinterest Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    Thanks so much for all your responses.

Colors are pink & either mint green or purple. We dont have much of a theme at this point. We were trying to go with a boating theme, but all we can really find are sailboat ideas, and thats not the kind of boating we are into! I always thought I would end up with a "princessy" theme, but am trying to steer away from that a little!
  • Options
    With a boat theme, you can have a fishbowl/bubblebowl centerpiece with colored sand and a pillar candle and/or sea shells

You can do like a beachy-y pink and have fishnet material over it with starfish or other sea-like additions to it.

Another cetnerpiece or table decoration could be different sized coral.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    What a great idea! I am having an outdoor wedding as well, I didnt even think of having them.   I would cover the benches with nice colored outdoor tablecloth, maybe pad some tables you know older ppl will be at, and definately put chairs on some of the ends. a table runner matching your colors would dress it up perfectly, especially if you had weighted hangers matching your theme on each end for the wind.
  • Options
    I also will be doing picnic tables, and i'm going to get white butcher style paper for the table cloth and i'm going to set out colored pencils so people can write messages to us and then have the photographer snap pics of them....maybe even keep a few if they arent dirty from dinner
  • Options
    this is awesome!  I just asked something very similar.  If it helps, the place where I'm getting married sent me some pictures of a previous wedding at their picnic pavilion.  Nothing too earth shattering, but I think it's very pretty

(from our venue)

Melissa Trying to plan a budget wedding in the DC area http://www.superNoVAbride.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards