Honeymoon Discussions
Options

St Maarten in May?

I posted ealier, but now I think I might have this narrowed down. Has anybody stayed at the Princess Heights in St. Maarten. Also, what did you enjoy doing in St Maarten? Is it a good place for our honeymoon?

I like it because the airfare is less than $1,000 for both! Also, the hotel is only a little more than $1,000, which makes this super-affordable, even if we spend another $1,000 on food/booze and excursions. But, I'd love to get some feedback from people who have been.

Re: St Maarten in May?

• Options
    I'm actually in St Maarten now! (can't take a break from wedding planning, even on vaca!) This is my 3rd time here and I love it because I like to explore the island. If you are looking to just sit at the resort and chill all day, it's not exactly the place to do that in my opinion. The island has SO much charm and half the fun is visiting all the different beaches. Although I haven't stayed at Princess Heights, it is on the Dutch side and I always stay on that side of the island. There are a ton of great places to eat and shop in Simpson Bay and Phillipsburg, when the cruise ships aren't there. The French side has amazing food and shopping, too. The people are so nice and welcoming, and I've always felt safe even at night. 

So yeah, if you feel like getting out and exploring the island is something you and your new husband would like to do, St Maarten is awesome! I recommend checking out Dive Adventures and doing excursions with them. They will take good care of you and the snorkeling was great. I will be sure to get back to you with other suggestions after this trip, too! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards