Outdoor Weddings
Options

Question about an outdoor ceremony

Hey,

My ceremony is going to be outdoors in a field in countryside Vermont.  I am wondering if we need a microphone or not.  We are having around 80 guests and they will all be standing. The ceremony will be about 15-20 minutes long.  We would like to not have a mic, but obviously we want people to hear us. Does anyone have any advice or experience with this? Any help is greatly appreciated :)

Re: Question about an outdoor ceremony

• Options
    I just attended a wedding this weekend and because of the weather, the ceremony had to be changed.  Instead of outside, the guests stood around a doorway and the B and G were married with the WP on the porch.  It was still beautiful, and I didn't mind the standing so much but was very concearned about people behind me not being able to see.  There WERE seats inside though, so it's not llike we were standing pre wedding.  

I was standing right AT the door and found it hard to hear.  Partly because SOME PEOPLE (no names) were treating it like a football game, but mostly just because they didn't speak up.
  • Options
    I have been considering placing chairs in a circle around us as we get married.  Then there will be no "back row."  I do agree with others in needing a place to sit, though.
  • Options
    Thank you ladies for the very helpful advice! I appreciate all the honesty :)
  • Options
    My Fi & I went to an outdoor wedding where the couple did not use a microphone and we had to stand.  It was terrible.  We were relatively close to the ceremony, could not hear a thing, had no clue what was happening when, and people kept moving around trying to get close enough to hear.  I would strongly recommend you use both chairs and a microphone for the sake of your guests.
    imageimage
  • Options
    To counter all the other responses, I went to a standing outdoor wedding and didn't mind it at all.  There were a few chairs for those who needed them, however, and the ceremony was fairly short. 
    Hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards