Outdoor Weddings

outdoor ceremony decoration help!!

Hey outdoor knotties!

I just went visited some florists, and it made me realize how little I know about what I want for me ceremony site!

Basics: ceremony and reception are at the same location, but in different spots. about 100 guests. pretty simple style, nothing too fancy-looking, but still special.

Problem: the ceremony area is a little bare, and I need to somehow make it feel special and intimate. Basically, it is a field. We have an awesome, huge rustic cross that will be in the front, but that's about all I've got figured out. I really want something maybe next to the chairs on the sides and the back of the area to make it feel more like a ceremony area and less like chairs in a field.

Any ideas on how to solve this issue without being too pricey?

Thanks ladies :)

Re: outdoor ceremony decoration help!!

• I am making tissue paper pomanders to line the aisle with. You can check them out in my bio (under DIY) or blog (under Tissue Paper Pomanders).
  • We're planning on buying tulle from Michaels or Hobby Lobby and draping it from row to row to decorate the chairs. We're doing it on the aisle side because we're going to have people seated from the outside of the chairs, but you could do it opposite if you were seatin gpeople through the aisle.

You could also rent really big urns with flowers or bushes or even trees and put them to flank the alter area; perhaps also with a rented arbor.
  • you can use mason jars and hang then from the chairs or those gargen hooks. they look great with flowers in them-we are putting candles in ours
  • i'm going to get a couple of stakes and string up twine with pictures of the two of us as kids and as a couple hung along it by wooden clothespins. I think i saw it on martha stewart weddings and it's really super cute. It will also give people a conversation piece. My SIL had luminaries at hers lining the aisles, white paper bags with candles inside. It gave off a really pretty glow. They might have been LED lights because of the fire hazard. I think I'm also going to go to Michaels and get some unfinished wood, and make a little sign with "wedding" and maybe our names or monogram, kinda like this one:
    We're just two lost souls swimmin' in a fish bowl, year after year
  • akwrakwr member
    First Comment
    the stakes+twine+pictues is SUCH a good idea!! I really like that. We might hang engagement pictues instead, because we're doing kid pictures at the reception (each table number will correspond with a picture of each of us at that age!).

• I have the cutest idea that I just did for my cousin's wedding this weekend.  I took some small galvanized buckets, put some floral foam in the bottom, did a small flower arrangement, used moss in the top of the bucket, and the tied ribbon to the two little handles.  These are going to hang on cheap shepard hooks we got at the dollar store for almost nothing.  I'll post a picture after the wedding this weekend.
  • Here is an Idea not sure if they call them flower globes or not...but I have seen these hanging on the isle chairs but couldn't find it as fast as this website I knew the globes were on...this arrangement is so cute that the girl is carrying to hang on isle chairs!

http://www.islandimporter.com/gallery.php?level=picture&id=107
  • We puirchased large clear glass vases that sgtand about 2 feet tall, we are putting river rocks in the bottom and large pillar candles on top of the rocks we will be lining the aisle with them.
  • We are using tiki's for aisle decorations.  Kroger had them on sale 10 for $10 this past week, so we went and stocked up.  Plus, you put citronella oil in them to burn, so the bugs will stay away as well.  Inexpensive, nice looking decoration :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards