Outdoor Weddings
Options

sunday wedding....?

Hello-

So my Fi and I have decided on a summer theme wedding. We would like to have the ceremony and reception at a park. Very casual low key DIY kind of wedding. We are very laid back people that just like to have a good time. We were looking at the date 10.01.11, but his cousin just got married 10.01.10. So I was thinking what about a Sunday wedding? Or should I just do the Saturday before which is 09.24.11 since it is a summer theme wedding and our family & friends know how to have a party. We just want a big party/celebration kind of thing. Any thoughts or ideas?
Thanks!    Cool
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: sunday wedding....?

• Options
    It depends what kind of event you want to have.  If you are looking for a drinking, dancing, late night event, definitely choose the Saturday date.  If by summer theme, you are looking for a more casual afternoon picnic kind of feel, then I think you could do either date.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_sunday-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:666Discussion:847161e4-cc2d-4e42-b577-800e1c4d5fbcPost:3df7333e-1012-4665-aeee-b50b8755927f">Re: sunday wedding....?</a>:
    [QUOTE]It depends what kind of event you want to have.  If you are looking for a drinking, dancing, late night event, definitely choose the Saturday date.  If by summer theme, you are looking for a more casual afternoon picnic kind of feel, then I think you could do either date.
    Posted by cschuma2[/QUOTE]

<div>This!</div>
  • Options
    I'm having a casual laid back picnic wedding at a local park and it willl be on Sunday. Since it is going to be in the afternoon people won't be staying too late to not make it into work the next day. If you're reception is going to be ending late though, keep in mind people are travelling, so Saturday may be better. Good luck!
  • Options
    I agree with PP, it sounds like you want to have a "hang out" type of wedding where you can just have a great time. If that's the case I don't see any reason why you couldn't have a Sunday wedding. Also, are there going to be a lot of people traveling for the wedding?! That is something you might consider as well.

Good Luck, and Happy Planning!
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • Options
    We're actually having ours on Sunday, July 3. Everyone is from out of town, most people don't have off Friday, so we're allowing for Saturday drive time, plus Monday is Independence Day and almost everyone has off. I guess it just depends on the dates. Have you thought about doing it over Labor Day? By October (I'm not sure of your location) it's beginning to turn into Fall (leaves changing, weather chilly, etc.).
  • Options
    My niece is having a Sunday wedding.  Her's will be over Memorial Day weekend, allowing people to travel or relax on the Monday holiday following the wedding.  Since you are flexible with your date, how about the Sunday of Labor Day weekend?  Many people will have the Monday following that Sudnay off work, allowing them to stay later for the reception.
  • Options
    We are having a Sunday wedding, it is a laidback feel, but still has a lot of the aspects of a "regular" Saturday event, but will end around 9 or 10. It is also a DW.
  • Options
    Wow!  It's great to know people are having Sunday weddings.  We didn't have a lot of options when we scheduled our destination wedding to Colorado and decided to have it on a Sunday.  We are planning an early afternoon outdoor ceremony and a celebration dinner at a nice restaurant, which seems to be the same type or relaxed experience others are planning on a Sunday. 
  • Options
    I am planning a Sunday wedding too and apparently its becoming more and more popular, as MOST people want to get married in the warmer months, and there are only so many saturdays in the summer. Sundays are typically cheaper too for venues and stuff. BUT, my initial plan was to have a beach wedding, then the reception in the park next to the beach, but just about every park I've checked doesnt allow any alcohol. SO....if you were planning on having alcohol at your party, I'd just check for a nice place that maybe has a large outdoor patio or deck for the guests to enjoy. Thats what I'm doin! Good luck! :)
  • Options
    sunday weddings are great if there is a federal holiday on monday.  push the wedding back a week to have it on 10/9/11 and you've got columbus day.  okay so maybe its a bogus holiday but i work for local government and i am happy to have the day off :)

My brother got married the day before memorial day last year and it was perfect.  we drove to and from new mexico from central texas and didn't even have to take off work.

• Options
    I'm so happy I'm not the only one getting married on a Sunday! I am getting married this summer, outdoor ceremony, and Saturdays were fully booked for the venue I wanted. Now (after the deposit has been put down and catering booked) all I hear are people telling me how strange it is I picked a Sunday. It's nice to know I'm not alone. :)
  • Options
    I am also having a Sunday wedding.  Many of my friends are teachers, so the majority of them have off Monday.  We are also having an afternoon reception, so that the people who have to work Monday don't have to stay out late and drive home.  I know my friends and we will have as much fun at a daytime wedding as a late night one :)
  • Options
    Same! We're doing a Sunday afternoon and evening weddng because every Sat. was booked and we didn't want to wait for a year. We're teacers and the best time for us is August but every venue we checked out was booked. All we're doing is starting dinner at 5 and ending around 10:30, rather than 12 or 1 am.
  • Options
    We're having a Sunday wedding as well, mostly because I've always wanted an October wedding, but my friends and I run murder mysteries and haunted houses all through October. SO, we had to have it on a Sunday. 

Since most of our relatives live in the area, they won't have to take Monday off to travel (we're ending the reception around 10:00). The ones who do have to travel are mostly retired folk who don't have to worry about work on Monday. :) And for those who live far away and do work, they have no trouble taking Monday off because they love us and understand the date is very special to us.

I say do whatever works for YOU. No matter what day/date you hold the wedding, there are going to be people who won't be able to make it. It's *your* wedding day, the day you'll celebrate every year for the rest of your lives, so make sure it's the date *you* want. <3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards