Outdoor Weddings
Options

Help with ideas for decorating gazebo

My daughter  is getting married in a large gazebo. She wants it to be very romantic looking (she kind of likes over the stuff!) but I am concerned about any decorations blocking the view of the ceremony because of the way the chairs are set up. Also, you can't see it in this picture but the inside of the ceiling has a ceiling fan and overall is in very poor condition. The wedding theme is fall glam (no pumpkins, rustic items) and the colors are orange and yellow.  Any suggestions would be appreciated

Re: Help with ideas for decorating gazebo

• Options
    For what it's worth, I think it's a beautiful gazebo and doesn't need much.  If anything, you can decorate the columns and those rafters, although I agree with you that you wouldn't want to do much or you risk blocking people's view.  I would send a photo of this to the florist and get some ideas.  
  • Options
    I agree. The location itself is beautiful. Too much other than little white lights and the gazebo will look like the bride! Tell her that she doesn't want the location to be the focus, It is supposed to be her.
  • Options
    hellebhelleb member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I would hate to ruin the back drop but she could always string her choice of flowers (or tissue poms to be less expensive) and wrap the garland around the pillars.  Otherwise on the sides where people won't need to see through out you string them from the gazebo straight down with some space in between.

I don't know if it would fit the "glam" description but what about big pots of fall flowers with colored wave petunias flowing down or mums.  You could have them in those big tin milk containers that you either leave rust colored or re paint them. Then you could transfer them from the ceremony to the reception site and even keep at home in the garden when everything is said and done :)

Just ideas, hope they help :)

The pic I found online is just to give you an idea of the shape I am talking about.

• Options
    Thank you all for your suggestions! I am thinking of just getting some tulle to drape the ceiling inside - don't want paint chips falling on the bride and groom! LOL
  • Options
    we are getting married with a gazebo too...we decided to decorate the isle way and leave the gazebo the way it was... we are only going to be there for about 20 minutes.. spending our effort on decorating imagination for the ceramony area.
  • Options
    *reception area ( not ceramony area)  all this planning has already fried my brain lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards