Outdoor Weddings
Options

Does this sound goofy?

Our ceremony is going to be outside, in a feild. I want to wear heels. I'm not concerned about walking in the grass in them, but the standing during the ceremony part. I want to stand comfortably, not having to worry about putting too much weight on my heels. I don't really care for the plywood aisle idea I've been hearing (or reading through google) because I feel like it would take away from the earthy kind of mood we were going for.

What if we got a piece of plywood just for us to stand on, like a small stage? My idea was to cut it into a heart and maybe putting flowers on it, but I'm just brainstorming right now and I don't know how that would look.

Idk, maybe I'll just go barefoot. ;)
Anniversary

Re: Does this sound goofy?

• Options
    I don't see any problem with you having some sort of item to stand on once you are up the aisle.  That way you aren't worrying about if your shoes are going to sink while you're supposed to be focusing on getting married.

I like the idea of cutting it into a heart.  Now are the flowers on it going to be real flowers or painted on?  That I guess would depend on what feel you're going for at your wedding, but depending on how good of an artist you are it could look really good painted on or it could look like a school art project...

Of course you can always test it out first to see what looks best and if you don't like painted on flowers (again if this is what you were referring to) you could always paint it back over in a solid color (maybe add your names to it like a monogram).
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I was thinking about real flowers, not painted on ones, just around the outside so that it is less harsh against the grass.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2011
    Have you picked out your dress yet?  My dress wasn't a big ballgown or anything- just a simple A-line with a small crinoline under it.  Never at any point were my shoes visible.  Seriously.  If the situation will be similar for you, just wear flats.  If you are wanting some extra height, choose a wedge.  That will be much easier than worrying about how soft the ground will be.  I also hate to see some kind of mini stage area turn into a tripping hazard for any of your bridal party or officiant walking near it.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    They have these plastic things you can put on the heels of your shoes too - http://thesolemates.com/our-products/
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I like the stage idea, I agree with PP that it might be something that could be tripped on, however when you think about it in a church there are stairs there too.
    The flower idea for the edges is cute.

I think it's something that you might want to do a "mini" mockup of, just small to see what it would look like then decide.

I also agree with PP about the sole shoe product. I am getting them for myself!
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • Options
    What about wedge heals?
  • Options

I too will be in a field outside - hadn't even considered my heels digging into the ground!! Thanks for the heads up!

• Options
    KarenLMKarenLM member
    First Comment
    http://thesolemates.com/?gclid=CNrzlsuS26gCFcY65Qodoi0b1w

Here is a site that offers "heel savers" to put onto your high heeled shoes.  They are supposed to stop the heels from sinking into the ground.  I haven't used them, but they sound interesting!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards