Outdoor Weddings

Planning wedding for mid-Nov... SOO LOST

I'm clueless on where to start. I have 10 guests max. My little sister has gotten ordained so that she can perform the ceremony. I really don't want to walk down an "aisle." Does there have to be chairs? I have very little money I'm willing to spend. 

Re: Planning wedding for mid-Nov... SOO LOST

• As far as I'm concerned, you don't need chairs (unless you're going to talk for a LONG time).

My plan - I wanted to get married under a blooming cherry tree. That only happens for 3 weeks a year so only 3 people (parents) are flying in. Add in me, FI, & 4 friends (1 is officiant) and you've got my wedding. We're going to spend breakfast together, walk to find the lovely tree, talk about wedding stuff, get married, go to dinner. No chairs, no decor, no aisle, no fuss. Everyone we're inviting is plenty able to walk, stand, & hangout for the 10-20 min ceremony. If your family isn't, then they need a chair.
  • In Response to Re: Planning wedding for mid-Nov... SOO LOST:
    [QUOTE]As far as I'm concerned, you don't need chairs (unless you're going to talk for a LONG time). My plan - I wanted to get married under a blooming cherry tree. That only happens for 3 weeks a year so only 3 people (parents) are flying in. Add in me, FI, & 4 friends (1 is officiant) and you've got my wedding. We're going to spend breakfast together, walk to find the lovely tree, talk about wedding stuff, get married, go to dinner. No chairs, no decor, no aisle, no fuss. Everyone we're inviting is plenty able to walk, stand, & hangout for the 10-20 min ceremony. If your family isn't, then they need a chair.
    Posted by anssett[/QUOTE]
    Completely disagree with this.  Not providing your guests chairs is one of the rudest things you can do.  It doesn't matter how long or short the ceremony is.  People will be standing around before and after said ceremony.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_planning-wedding-for-mid-nov-soo-lost?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:666Discussion:ab2e1f6a-9e6c-4a07-b67b-a4d4f77dd3c4Post:3456d38a-95ee-4a36-97a8-f4fb7f8011ad">Re: Planning wedding for mid-Nov... SOO LOST</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Planning wedding for mid-Nov... SOO LOST : [QUOTE ]As far as I'm concerned, you don't need chairs (unless you're going to talk for a LONG time) . My plan - I wanted to get married under a blooming cherry tree. That only happens for 3 weeks a year so only 3 people (parents) are flying in. Add in me, FI, & 4 friends (1 is officiant) and you've got my wedding. We're going to spend breakfast together, walk to find the lovely tree, talk about wedding stuff, get married, go to dinner. No chairs, no decor, no aisle, no fuss. Everyone we're inviting is plenty able to walk, stand, & hangout for the 10-20 min ceremony. If your family isn't, then they need a chair. Posted by anssett[/QUOTE] Completely disagree with this.  Not providing your guests chairs is one of the rudest things you can do.  It doesn't matter how long or short the ceremony is.  People will be standing around before and after said ceremony.
    Posted by Viczaesar[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>If everyone arrives together and leaves together, how will they stand around before/after?They will be with ME! I don't subscribe to many people's opinion this is rude. I think the culture of the family/event are a much better guide. This woman isn't planning your wedding, she's planning her's.

</div>
  • Find a park that you like that has a location that you like. . If you opt for an indoor location say like in a botanical garden or museum you may need to call ahead to get permission & maybe pay a fee to have your ceremony there. If you have anyone that is older or that has health issues that would have problems standing for the duration of the ceremony, then it would be nice to have a chair for them. But else as long as the cermony isn't too long (no longer then 20 minutes) then not providing chairs shouldn't be a big deal.

Next scope out your local grocery stores on who has fresh flowers you like so you can think of where you can go get some flowers to make yourself a bouquet the day before or the day off. Doesn't have to be fancy, just something you like, wrap the stems w/some ribbon & your done. A flower for the groom would be nice too, but a single rose pinned on his shirt/jacket would work just fine too.

Do spend the money to treat yourself to getting yourself pampered a little on that day & go & get your hair & nails done. No matter how small your wedding is, it's still your special day & you deserve to be pampered.

Call around to different resturants to get prices for menus & see if any of them have a small private or semi private area you can go to have eat with everyone afterwards. Even if you're in a general area, having reservations to make sure you don't have a long wait time will make it nicer.

Good luck & hope you have a beautiful day.
  • If chairs aren't an option, maybe consider cute little throw pillows for people to sit on (nobody wants to sit in the grass when they wear nice clothes).

Unless you know for a fact that nobody has back, knee, hip, spinal problems, then you can't just dismissively say 'it's just 10 minutes'.  The cartilage in my left knee was destroyed at an early age by a cruddy job I held.  By the age of 22, I had a bad knee.  Let me tell you, 10 minutes of standing still with bone grinding on bone is excruciating, and when you are in pain, it's not 'just 10 minutes'.

So yes, it can be extremely rude.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards