Outdoor Weddings
Options

What's your bad weather back up plan?

We're trying to decide on how we want to go about a back up plan that won't cost a ton.  What's your back up plan for rain/snow/sleet/meatballs?

Re: What's your bad weather back up plan?

• Options
    most venues have a back up plan
  • Options
    Mine's not at a venue.  We're not sure if we're going to go with the tent option or an emergency indoor wedding at the reception venue or if there are any other creative solutions out there.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_whats-your-bad-weather-back-up-plan?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:666Discussion:ac4dacd1-24e8-4280-a8de-621bb056707cPost:21bdb586-a5b3-4c1b-bafc-6f07054251d1">Re: What's your bad weather back up plan?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mine's not at a venue.  We're not sure if we're going to go with the tent option or an emergency indoor wedding at the reception venue or if there are any other creative solutions out there.
    Posted by lagonza[/QUOTE]

We're also wondering how to organize the emergency indoor wedding
  • Options
    Well I am getting married in 2 days (actually like 1 1/2 now!) and it's calling for 75-90% of rain and thunderstorms! Boo! :( (prayers, good vibes, etc would be appreciated!) BUT we decided to ditch the tent idea and use our reception site as our back up plan.  There were some minor rearranging and details that needed worked out but seemed to be the best fit!
    Good Luck!
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    Umbrellas are romantic and make for awesome pictures :)
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Options
    We would just go inside of our tent, there is a chalet with a fire place.  But I checked the weather and it says sunny and 80's so I am hoping that is true!
  • Options
    And yes, most venues typically give you a rain plan.  Ours did right away.
  • Options
    We got married on the beach.  Our reception was at a restaurant.  If it had rained, we would've done the ceremony at the reception site.  Luckily it was beautiful.  
  • Options
    Our venue has a courtyard and ballroom. We plan to marry in the courtyard and have the reception in the ballroom. But in the case of inclimate weather, the wedding will also be held in the ballroom.
    "Love is like a butterfly; It goes where it pleases and pleases where it goes" David & Roxy March 2, 2013 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are having our wedding on the beach and we'll be in the open pavillion for the reception. I was going nuts with a backup plan.

We decided on white umbrellas, it will cost $3 each on Wholesalemart.com for the ceremony.

Then if the pavillion is getting wet inside we were thinking of putting up clear shower curtains, or using a staple gun and plastic sheeting (for painting) and covering the outside of the windows.

The last resort would be postponement or maybe going to my Aunt's house.

In either case I am seriously considering the Wedding Insurance for an outdoor wedding. It isn't really all that expensive for peice of mind on the money you may lose from a postponement.
    Wedding Date: 7/20/2014 Met in 2001, starting dating in 2005, engaged in 2012.
  • Options
    We are going with a tent. I too do not have a true and through venue, rather a persons property. So we are renting a tent which is much much cheaper. and making sure to leave enough in the budget for portable heaters since my date could be chilly could be warm. the tent has drop down sides as well.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_whats-your-bad-weather-back-up-plan?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:666Discussion:ac4dacd1-24e8-4280-a8de-621bb056707cPost:4c9e8620-13e8-4fdf-bb17-e307cc264587">What's your bad weather back up plan?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're trying to decide on how we want to go about a back up plan that won't cost a ton.  What's your back up plan for rain/snow/sleet/meatballs?
    Posted by lagonza[/QUOTE]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My option had a built in back up plan, so we didn't have to think about it.  We eloped though, so pretty easy to just move into a lounge area!
  • Options
    I'm having backyard wedding and also looking for back up plan.  FH and I are definetly renting tents, but problem is the ground.  I don't know what to do with grass. Imagining guests with heels on raining day will be nightmare.  At this time our back up plan is move wedding  to my grandma's church...fingers crossed!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards