Outdoor Weddings

Texas Wedding.

Im getting married next year and im wanting to get married in a field of bluebonnets,but ive only been living in texas for two years and im not sure where the best place/or where i could even do this.Help! i need all the ideas i can get.

Re: Texas Wedding.

• Post this on your local board.  Links to the left.  Btw, I love Texas.  
  • Thank you.still new to the website.
  • I spent the last 13 years there. They are everywhere!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Keep the logistics in mind here like:

1.  Who would let you use their land for your wedding?  (lotta liability there)
    2.  Restrooms for your guests
    3.  Parking for your guests
    4.  Where are you going to get ready and stay out of sight?
    5.  SEATING (this is not optional) for your guests
    6.  Microphone (i.e. electricity) for your officient and to hear your vows

I'm not trying to be a Debby Downer here but finding an arbitrary field of flowers to get married brings a ton of issues with it and you need to identify them upfront so you can deal with them.
  • I live in SE Houston, but I'm not sure exactly where this would be.  I guess it depends where in Texas you're wanting to get married.  I'm having my reception in his aunt's backyard - and the same issues that kmmssg posted have had to be addressed - and some are not cheap!  There are venues that have outside locations, towards Austin, that could be an option!  I'm sure more on the local board can help though - since they will live in different areas!

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards