Outdoor Weddings

Mountain Top Wedding - (Jersey)

Hello!

I am brainstorming wedding venues and came across this post on Etsy about a Mountatin Top wedding ceremony that was intimate and sweet:

http://www.etsy.com/blog/weddings/on-top-of-a-mountain/?ref=lp_blg_car

I am planning a wedding in the Northern or Central NJ area (North Arlington, NJ) and wondering if anyone knew of NJ Trails, Forests, Parks or Mountain scenes that match what I am looking for.

I understand I will not be able to find the exact spot like in the Etsy post, however, I would like to try and investigate areas that come close.

Although, the ceremony will be intimate (25-30 guests at most), I have to consider grandparents and other older guests that cannot make strenous hikes/climbing.

Does anyone know where I can search, I tried googling some trails but was unsucessful.

Any other ideas?

Thank you!!

Re: Mountain Top Wedding - (Jersey)

• Hey!  I would try posting this question on the NJ board.  Click on "Local Wedding Boards" on the left, scroll down to New Jersey and then pick the area that makes the most sense.  I do think the Northern New Jersey board is quite active.

Good luck! 

You might also want to think about going over into Pennsylvania to achieve that mountain feel.  The Poconos are gorgeous.
  • Thank you! Will do!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_mountain-top-wedding-jersey?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:666Discussion:b81c3ef5-5855-44b3-82f6-3ab79d7639f3Post:0221b5fd-1905-4504-a796-97185cf99f2a">Re: Mountain Top Wedding - (Jersey)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey!  I would try posting this question on the NJ board.  Click on "Local Wedding Boards" on the left, scroll down to New Jersey and then pick the area that makes the most sense.  I do think the Northern New Jersey board is quite active. Good luck!  You might also want to think about going over into Pennsylvania to achieve that mountain feel.  The Poconos are gorgeous.
    Posted by Joy2611[/QUOTE]
  • That's a great idea, thank you! I will start some researching some lodges.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_mountain-top-wedding-jersey?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:666Discussion:b81c3ef5-5855-44b3-82f6-3ab79d7639f3Post:321bcaff-0d73-4084-b58d-86bbfd3e7676">Re: Mountain Top Wedding - (Jersey)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Those pictures are awesome. For the comfort of your guests I would aim for a ski lodge for the ceremony and reception (ditto Joy on the Poconos) and then do some pictures up on the mountain. This way you still get the outdoor feel, great photos, and granny doesn't need to lace up her hiking boots, nevermind the cost of getting a chair rental company to haul chairs up a mountain.
    Posted by Liatris2010[/QUOTE]
  • Hello, fellow Jersey Girl!

This is further north than you were asking about, and a bit more "done" than the wedding you linked to, but check out Onteora Mountain House, which has a gorgeous mountain view but would still be pretty accessible for your relatives.  

Good luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards