Outdoor Weddings

Sunflower themed wedding

Okay so we've been engaged for 10 months now and I'm still having a hard time sticking to what color blue I want to use and NOW I have to make a decision! Our other colors are Brown and yellow; the yellow is only going to be used with the sunflower. The BM dresses are chocolate brown with blue shoes and the GM are going to be in black tuxes with blue ties. We are having a semi-casual wedding at my parents farm. What shade of blue do you think would look the best?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Sunflower themed wedding

• Just pick one and stick with it.  Seriously.  This is NOT a huge issue.  I refuse to choose one because for crying out loud, if you can't choose freaking colors this whole process is going to be really hard for you.
  • holly smokes... I thought this was suppost to be a helpful supportive board. comments like that don't help anyone If you don't have any thing to helpful to say just don't post. And I'm having a fine time with the planning process thanks!
  • edited February 2010
    I say go with your gut instinct on decisions like these and when you picture your wedding, what is the first thing that comes to mind. But if it were me, I think the light blue would look best. GL!
  • I need exact color swatches of all the other colors in your wedding plus those you are considering.  I just cannot make such a difficult decision without them. 
  • Are you sure you can get shoes,ties, etc in all three of those colours? Maybe you should make your choice based upon what colours are available for the items you want to be blue. I am using blue for my main wedding colour and I originally wanted it to be a grey/blue, but nothing I needed came in this shade so I switched to royal blue.
  • Erin, I just meant, they're all blue.  Just pick one.  It's not the end of the world.  Sometimes people overthink stuff.
  • My friend did the guys in brown, girls in navy and her bouquet had sunflowers in it.  if you have FB, go to the fan page for Flowers By Angela and I think there are some pics in there.
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • I agree that a mix of the blue colors could look pretty great!

Also, whoa to Amoroagain. Take it easy lady, I didn't get the impression from erin's first post that she thought this was an "end of world" decision.  Sometimes getting opinions on this sort of thing can be fun! Just relax! :o)
  • Thank you for all the suggestions. I really like the idea of going with shades of blue.  I hadn't even thought of that idea!I think I will usethe different blues with the table clothes and lanterns in the trees. Thank you so much for your input :)
  • I do love turquoise- but not with sunflower yellow.
    Baby blue is done...I mean like DONE - overDONE to the hilt.
    "Pool Blue" is a very pretty color that will look lovely with your other colors and fit the time of year...it's also very youthful, cool and relaxing and hasn't already been done at every other wedding, LOL.

judge the non-traditional, pop their happy little wedding balloons... and sleep better tonight for you have made the world a better place.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards