Outdoor Weddings

Anyone else worried about rain ?

7 day forcast shows thunderstorms all week.

65 degrees on the wedding day ( WOOO!! Thats nearly summer in Michigan) but 40% chance of nighttime rain.

And my ceremony is at night.

Oh joy!

I'm hoping for a light drizzle.
But here, who knows.
Might be a tornado.
Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Anyone else worried about rain ?

• oh, I feel for you. I'm a little obsessed with checking Farmer's Almanac for June 23rd. My back up plan really isn't nearly as nice as my outdoors plan. so I'm hoping that the sky will behave :)

I'm sending some good thoughts in your way :) is the wedding on Friday? The forecast that I just checked just said it is going to be cloudy Friday night.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You are a brave woman planning an outdoor wedding in the spring!! My friends that got married yesterday specifically did not want any part of their wedding outside because of the unpredictable weather, and their choice paid off - it was in the 40's, very windy, and rainy all day.

I'm slightly worried about rain, but since mine's in October I'm more worried that we'll get a cold snap and it'll be 35 degrees or something crazy like that. Our rain location is outdoors as well, it's just a large open-air pavilion in the same park.
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Do you have a backup plan?  I would not sit in a light drizzle to watch someone get married.
  • I'm with PP, hope you have a back up!

Our entire event was outside and the forecast didn't really reflect what actually happened until about 4 days beforehand. Luckily, it was a beautiful day.
  • I'm sending some positive thoughts your way! I am trying to not even think about it, but i'm sure once it starts to pop up in the 2 week weather forecast (my wedding's not till August) I won't be so carefree!
    I always said I'd never have an outdoor wedding unless it was in San Diego so i'm not sure how I was so easily convinced to have an outdoor ceremony AND reception in hot and humid August in Northern Illinois Cool
    Anniversary
  • I can deal with rain, I'm more worried about a hurricane haha!
    If it rains, roll with the punches - Get yourself (and maybe the bridesmaids too) some awesome rain boots that match your colors and some cool umbrellas too! You might be surprised how cool they make your photos look :)
    Fortunately if hurricane-like weather pops up in my area I think the officiant for our wedding is being kind enough to offer the church up as plan B.
    Best of luck this weekend!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wow I hope it's a false report (the weather is ALWAYS off here in So Cal lol). Did you or your planner have a backup plan?
    I'm getting married outside but it's at one of the hotels in Vegas and if the weather gets bad they tell as an hour ahead of time if we'll be moving inside.

I'm hoping the rain passes before your wedding though!
  • Ok, so seeing this post prompted me to check Farmers Almanac for June 23rd. OMG, it is saing we will have Dangerous thunderstorms, capable of hail, high winds, even a tornado; then fair weather. We already have a back-up plan, but it isnt nearly as pretty as the woodsy backdrop we would be using otherwise.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Most weather reports aren't very accurate more than 5 days out (2 days is even better), so you never know.  There was forcasted rain for my wedding day, but we ended up getting a big duststorm the night before, thunderstorms all night, a slight drizzle in the morning, and then it was gorgeous skies the rest of the day.  It was a little chillier than I'd hoped (it was a high of 63 for my wedding, when the averages are normally in the mid-80's), but I was just glad I still got to have my wedding outside (the reception was inside, so the cold didn't matter after the ceremony)
    Anniversary
  • Yes and no.  I'll be bummed, because I LOVE our outdoor ceremony location, but we've got a solid plan B, and at the end of the day we'll be married and people will be fed and that's really matters :)
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • When we picked our date I definitely sat down with a chart of the rain per month versus temp and picked Sept! Lol
    That being said, I am still worried about rain. I have a rain location, but I have my heart set on the outdoor location!
  • Hi ladies - possibly joining you... I just visited my venue for the reception and I feel lin love so I may be moving the ceremony there.. it's outside. I'm in Missouri and it's September 1, Labor day Weekend... on a lake. So you would expect it to be warm and sunny, but you never know. 

My backup plan is 15 minutes away, so not sure how that will work with the invites... I guess I tell them to check the wedding website if the weather isn't perfect??
    Photobucket Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Yeah, I am worried about rain. I am hoping it doesn't but if it does I do have a backup although it would suck. Trying to have a backup plan C.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • biopoobiopoo member
    First Comment
    Rain would davestate us! We have a indoor back up location but I'm really looking forward to an outdoor wedding. I'm also worried about hurricanes too lol since we would be staying right on the beach. Rain = no gazebo + no horse drawn carriage + dim indoor lighting + man made decor = 2 big old frown faces :( I'm thinking about buying one white/purple pagoda umbrella and one black one and getting hitched in the rain anyway just in case :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Even though there's a little over a year until our wedding, rain is always a threat.  And we won't know until super close to the wedding day.  The only good thing is that our reception is in a barn right next to where the ceremony will be, so if it rains we'll just get married in the barn.  No big deal.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • Yes I am very worried. I am planning my outdoor wedding september 29th & with it being fall and the end of the month i am worried because we rented this beautifulll place. please no rain on my wedding day!!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_anyone-else-worried-about-rain?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:666Discussion:cbe10ec1-c5a5-473a-9a1e-6d3d095c0078Post:485630da-4eb0-483d-8d83-4049aca0cfb5">Re: Anyone else worried about rain ?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi ladies - possibly joining you... I just visited my venue for the reception and I feel lin love so I may be moving the ceremony there.. it's outside. I'm in Missouri and it's September 1, Labor day Weekend... on a lake. So you would expect it to be warm and sunny, but you never know.  My backup plan is 15 minutes away, so not sure how that will work with the invites... I guess I tell them to check the wedding website if the weather isn't perfect??
    Posted by prettypictures[/QUOTE]

We put in case of inclement weather, see enclosures and we have it stated that we will have the ceremony at our reception site an hour later.  That us time to put up a sign at the ceremony locale and my guests time to figure out that the ceremony has been moved!

-M
  • Well, it stormed for three days non stop before the wedding.
    Stormed the day of in the morning.

But dried out, sun poked through, and other than a light chill it was warm and bright!

All those good wishes came my way and we had a great ceremony!
    Even had a nice layer of fog over the hedge maze!

We did have a back up plan. The venue was an enormous castle, so we were getting married in the courtyard, and if it had rained they were just going to move it inside. But still. I wanted that damn courtyard!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards