Outdoor Weddings

Tent rental contract

So, I think I've been reading too many wedding planning books because I have a serious phobia of getting screwed over by suppliers.

Anyhow, I've found a tent rental company that I like (they're always quick to get back to me and the price is right), so I'm getting ready to sign a contract with them. However, I'm wondering what I should be looking for in a contract?

Some things that aren't included in the draft contract that they sent me, but I think should be added are:

- cost of delivery to my location is included in price (he told me it was but I think I should get it in writing)
- some kind of clause guaranteeing that the tent will be clean and in good condition (no tears, mold, mildew or dirt)
- that I can reduce the number of chairs rented, the size of the dancefloor or the size of my tent if my number of guests drop once I start receiving RSVPs (again this is something they promised me via email but I figure should be in the contract too)

Any other ideas? Any of you out there who have come up with or signed an airtight tent rental agreement? I'd love some examples if you've got them!

Thanks!

Re: Tent rental contract

• I had a tent/other supplies contract, and what you listed should absolutely be in the contract.  Simply ask them (nicely) to add that in, if they won't then there's potentially a problem for you later.  They can always add something on a different page that's attached if they have a form contract.  Our rental contract gave a very specific number of rental things (like chairs) that could be reduced after our final estimate, and if we went lower than that we would have to pay for a certain number even if we didn't need as many. 
    We're currently on a 15 month trip around the world!
    **Check out our travel blog**
    Planning Bio Married Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards