Outdoor Weddings
Options

Trying to decide if an outdoors wedding is feasible w/ these temps...

I found a venue I am in love with, however everything is outdoors. Weather in Texas can be unpredictable and I am fully prepared to tent the area. However the average high for my location is 82 and the low is 67. There will be a tent, shade from all the trees on the property, but I just don't know if this is too hot. In the summer it can be 100+ so we are all used to hot weather and 40 degrees is freezing here if that makes any difference. Guests will have access to indoors and all bathrooms, food and cake will be indoors. 

WDYT?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Trying to decide if an outdoors wedding is feasible w/ these temps...

• Options
    Your profile says you're planning on a March wedding.  If it's usually in the cooler temps that time of year then plan on renting space heaters and maybe provide hot beverages such as hot cocoa, coffee, and tea.  If you're planning on having a wedding website inform your guests that the wedding is outdoors so they can plan their attire according to the weather.  I think as long as you keep your guests in mind then you should be able to pull off an outdoor wedding with these temps.  Just make sure you have a backup plan in case of rain or extreme temps.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    The temperatures sound reasonable, I'm doing a Fl wedding in February so I'm hoping for that temperature range but keeping in mind tents and space heaters.  Mostly I'm relying on everyone moving around if it's cold to keep warm.  Your venue will be in the pictures you have forever and show everyone in your future, don't compromise!
  • Options
  • Options
    I'm planning an outdoor wedding in June in North carolina which it can be in the 80's for.

• Options
    Ashwood which is around Matagorda. 
  • Options
    Well, it's right on the water so if it's hot it's going to be humid. That's bad. I'm going to a wedding in a few weeks in Surfside, just northeast of your location. At first I was worried it would still be cold but this week it seems that "winter" came to an abrupt end. Now it might be to hot! Honestly, I would have a solid plan b because being stuck outside in the humidity blows.
  • Options
    I'm thinking I need to change venues or have a fall wedding. Argh. Thanks for all the input!
  • Options
    Can you put up tent walls and/or have air conditioning pumped in? My venue will let me decide what to do the week before the wedding based on the forecasted temps.
    Lizzie
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards