Outdoor Weddings

Aisle Runners

Hi ladies! So for all of the ladies who are having outdoor ceremonies, I've got a few quick questions:

1.) Are you using an aisle runner?
2.) If so, are you using a paper runner or a fabric runner?
3.) Is your wedding on grass, concrete, sand etc.?

Re: Aisle Runners

• 1.) Are you using an aisle runner? Yes, still on my list of DIY that I should get started on! Haha
    2.) If so, are you using a paper runner or a fabric runner? Fabric
    3.) Is your wedding on grass, concrete, sand etc.? The aise leading up to the gazebo will be a brick walk-way which is the only reason I'm doing an aisle runner. I've heard horror stories of high heels piercing through the aisle runner into the grass and getting stuck. Yipes!
  • We got married on a concrete terrace and used a fabric aisle runner.  I bought it at Joann's and then painted our monogram onto it using the instructions here:

http://roadtotheaisle.blogspot.com/2007/07/diy-aisle-runner.html

Pics in both bios.  I think they carry the same runner at Michaels too.  I bought some heavy duty double sided tape at Lowes and we tacked it down with that the day of the wedding.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We got married on grass and we didn't have an aisle runner.  I am always worried about tripping on them :-)  It was just one of those things I didn't really find necessary for me so chose not to have one. 
  • 1.) Are you using an aisle runner?: I really want one
    2.) If so, are you using a paper runner or a fabric runner?: I don't know the correct fabric for grass aisle runners
    3.) Is your wedding on grass, concrete, sand etc.?: Half bridge and half grass
  • No, we are not having an aisle runner. Our wedding will be on grass and I've always planned on being barefoot so I don't think there's much of a point :)
  • We are getting married on grass and are spreading white flower petals down the aisle.
    I would probably trip on an aisle runner on the grass!Tongue out

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards