Outdoor Weddings
Options

tent decorations?

Anyone else having their reception in a tent? What are some of the decoration ideas you all are doing? Or do you have any suggestions? Our "theme" is rustic/countryish. We have centerpieces already done but we are not sure what to do for the rest of it, or if we even should bother with it. Any suggestions would help!
Visit The Knot! White Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker
image 217 Invited...
image 166 Got their boots on!
image 49 Missin' out.
image 2 are makin' us mailbox stalk!
RSVP Date: September 1

Re: tent decorations?

• Options
    We are having lights and some haning tissue paper poms in bright colors, just to brighten it up a bit.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Right now, I'm not decorating the tent itself.  The rental company is bringing a couple of chandeliers with them(nothing fancy).  We're only eating dinner under the tent and we're outside in a waterfront garden so I'm just doing simple centerpieces for now.  The rental company has a policy that they have to hang whatever decorations so that we don't punch a hole in the tent accidentally.  I was going to do the paper lanterns and string lights back and forth over the guests' heads.  I still might do it if we have some leftover cash to spend.
  • Options
    Oh!  I don't know if you're going with a DJ but some of them will do uplighting packages that look really cool.  My FI wanted a starry sky projected onto the top of the tent but we decided not to get too crazy with the budget.
  • Options
    We did paper lanterns and strung lights around the inside.
  • Options
    For your country theme you could try mason jars...
    ~Soon to become Mrs. O'Kane!~
  • Options
    We had uplighting around the edge of the tent and then strings of lights from the sides to the center with paper lanterns.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards