Outdoor Weddings

Send-off favor ideas....would small flags be too much?

I am trying to think of something different for the sendoff, instead of bubbles, sparklers, or confetti.  Even though we don't have anyone in our family that is/was in the military, but have friends who are or have served and we have been very patriotic in supporting our troops and big on the 'made in America' theme.  We had this idea of getting a bunch of small American Flags as favors at the ceremony and giving them to our guests.  Would that give off a wrong message to do something like that or do you think it would be a nice idea. Also not sure if it would work in with our colors, red and black.  One plus, the favor could be reused for a lot of different purposes.  Just curious on what others think of this?
62198_4988882445003_1730453872_n

Re: Send-off favor ideas....would small flags be too much?

• I'm in the military, and honestly I don't like the flag being use as somebody's wedding decoration.   No matter how small, the American flag is supposed to be displayed, stored, and destroyed in very specific ways.  What if somebody drops one of your mini-flags on the floor?    

While I agree that it would make for a really neat photo, I'm just not sure that I like the idea.

DSC_9275
  • What about little penants in the wedding colors made out of paper?  I've seen some AWESOME photos like that. 

I personally have no problem with using the US Flag, but there are other people who don't feel the same way....why invite trouble?

• Thanks for the input and I completely understand Avion22, we thought about it some more and don't think it belongs in the wedding decor.  We found another option.  By the way, thanks for your service in the Military.  :)
    62198_4988882445003_1730453872_n
  • It's not really my taste but there's no reason I can think of not to do it.  It would be cute for a patriotic theme wedding or near 4th or july, and flag sound much better to deal with than the mess factor of confetti or something like that.
  • One of the decorations we have planned is flags.  We are gettting married Canada Day so we want lots of Canadian Flags.  We are proud of this day for both reasons.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards