Honeymoon Discussions

Resource for Euporean Resorts?

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone had a good resource that I could use to research resorts in Europe? Or is going through a travel agent really my only option when looking at European resorts?

Thaks!
BabyFruit Ticker

Photobucket

Re: Resource for Euporean Resorts?

• edited July 2010
    You can do it yourself through websites.. but honestly your best bet would be through a travel agent.  They work with toru companies and vendors who use reputably hotels and resorts, not to mention they get better deals than you would by just calling up a resort.

Why don't you try both ways?  Call a travel agent and tell them what you are looking for.  In the meantime you can do a little research yourself.  Then decide if you want to book with the agent or not!

:)  Happy planning!
    "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page."
  • A travel agent is definitely not the only way to look up resorts in Europe.  I never use travel agents (I have tried before but everything always ended up being way more expensive and more complicated, so I prefer to book things on my own).  I use websites like Expedia and Orbitz to book sometimes...and of course you can always check TripAdvisor for reviews for specific hotels.  Guidebooks like Fodor's and Frommer's are also helpful for recommending hotels in different price ranges.  Is there a specific city or country you're thinking about visiting in Europe?  I've been to Italy and Spain.....also, a bunch of ladies on TheNest travel board have been to Europe so they might have good suggestions for you.  Hope this helps!   
  • Ditto KatieJL.  Don't use a TA for Europe.  Check out a couple of Rick Steves' guidebooks from your local library to get a good idea of where you want to go.  Cross reference with Trip Advisor for reviews and then use Travelocity or one of those sites to book.

I planned our HM to four different European countries myself and it came out thousands cheaper than a TA could have pulled off for us.  It just took a good amount of research and leg work on my part, but honestly, I'd rather do that myself anyway so that I know what I'm getting into when I sign up for a place.

My other suggestion is to try vrbo.com or Trip Advisor to find apartment rentals and stay that way.  It's cheaper and more of a cultural experience than staying in a large resort.
    Vacation

Vacation
  • Apple Vacations does some all inclusive trips if you are going to 1 place. Also it depends on if you are staying in hotels, hostels....Get to a  major city and look into ryanair or easyjet for cheap flights.
  • our TA did far FAR better on price than i could have so we booked our vacay coming up (see siggy) with her so i think the PPs just had sucky/unconnected/inexperienced with europe TAs. we also have a complicated itinerary with many flights, hotels, transfers, rental cars etc...  she has a ton of years experience with hotels tht I chose (didn't let herplan our trip-i planned it, told her what i wanted and had her price it and she beat mine.
    venere.com is a good site and crossreference with tripadvisor

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards