Outdoor Weddings
Options

Lighting for an Evening Outdoor Wedding, HELP

What are you guys doing as far as lighting goes? My wedding is June 29th but our venue has zero lighting :( It's basically a backyard with outlets available. We're considering tiki torches but thats not really what I'm going for. Any suggestions would be appreciated :)

Marrying my best friend, 20 years old, marathon running,working 30 hours a week and getting a BA in psychology. Sounds like life!

Re: Lighting for an Evening Outdoor Wedding, HELP

• Options
    There are some rental companies you can use for lighting. We are renting a tent that comes with all the lighting. Using some tiki torches too just near the port a potty and by woods to help keep mosquitos away!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ZeroOrchestraZeroOrchestra member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2013
    We used lots of string lights wrapped around trees and large candle centerpieces with candle lanterns scattered around the area.
  • Options

What is your reception space like? i.e. are there trees, a tent, something you could string lights from? And what type of decor are you using? You mentioned tiki torches aren't really what you're going for, what about chandeliers, strings of lights, paper lanterns, or light orbs?

We are having a reception tent and are paying addtional to have ambient lighting between the tent and liner. We are also having a chandelier hung from the tent, lots of candles on each table, and planning to wrap trees with Christmas lights.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ok, I am going to stop you right there. I envy you the opportunity to do whatever you want with your outdoor lighting. You could do something with a tent and tiki torches. Like so...

or, you can hang things from trees. Like so

if you don't have trees, you can do this...

or if you want the romantic vibe, you can do this for your aisle....

or, if you do have trees, THIS!!!!

So pretty and I'm jealous. Our wedding is in the late afternoon. Sigh. Probably too late to change it. If you need more inspiration, pinterest "outdoor wedding lighting" or do a google image search. You'll become inspired.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I would go on weddinggawker.com they have tons of lighting ideas, the bets thing though would to do strings of lights, not to expensive and you really one need one outlet since they will all connect to each other!!
  • Options
    We got a TON of string lights. Also for our dinner tent the rental company is providing lighting. I am also doing TONS of candles. One thing I will say.. Watch how much power you are going to be using and try to use outlets that aren't going to have anything else running on them. We are using my neighboors backyard and they recenlty had a very large party the power kept blowing becuase they were using so much of it!
    ***March Siggy Challenge: Hair Inspiration*** Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards