Outdoor Weddings

Outdoor Weddings / Reception Idea

I amust starting with my planning, and am just lost..  Can someone help me?  We dont have a ton to spend but...  We want a nice wedding.. My ideas were winery wedding / reception?  I dont know.. we are In NJ / PA area..  Help!

Re: Outdoor Weddings / Reception Idea

• Hi there! This is an international board, so it would be best for you to post this on your local board. You can find your local board by clicking on the "Local Wedding Boards" link on the light blue panel on the left.
  • I looked into a winery but couldn't afford it -- all that I talked to in my area would make us use their caterer and of course serve their wine, which was all out of my budget. Plus their facility fees were high.

I ended up renting a large cabin with a 1 acre mountin-view lawn. We will get married on the lawn and have the reception outside, as well -- unless it rains, in which case the 4,000 sq. foot cabin has a huge open great room that we will move into. (Only about 60 guests expected.)  because it is a private rental and not a "venue" - we can do whatever we want as far as catering and alcohol. We will have kegs and wine (that we buy ourselves) and a BBQ caterer. I rented tables and chairs and linens, but that's it. Very affordable way to go.

Hope that helps spark some ideas! :)

MARRIED 10.10.10 !!

October 2010 Siggy Challenge - walking down the aisle!

• Your local board will help. Good luck.
  • GREAT IDEA!
    Yeah the in house catering and alcohol rules and all are so spendy!
    I am going to have close to 150 guests so I am needing a little bigger area... haha.
    And my fiance's family are big Winos' while my fam is all about the Kegs and Hard Alcohol. :)
    Good luck!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My friend got married on at a winery and it is a bit pricey because you have to rent everything, including bathrooms, tents, silverware etc. 

Have you thought having the ceremony at a local park, lake or a beach and then finding an inexpensive indoor reception place.

My husband and I were married on a beach in CT and the ceremony wasn't too expensive, we splurged a little on the arch, and rented white wooden chairs with cushions there are of course less expensive options. My advice to shop around on every vendor it takes some time but its totally worth it in the end.

if you have any other questions let me know my e-mail is tara_L_Troy@yahoo.com
    im happy to help.
    Check out my real wedding contest submision -feel free to vote! :)

http://www.theknot.com/my-real-wedding/Photo/151194/a-connecticut-beach-wedding-tara-amp-craig-gambardella

Tara

• You should check out www.WhataWonderfulWedding.com.
    They are based in the Philadelphia and NYC area and list venues, such as your requested type, on their site. 
    Extremely useful site for finding unique wedding venues throughout the entire U.S.

Julie

• I think if you google outdoor wedding venues in your city you will be surprised at the variety and options you have.  You will have some calling and searching to do, but don't be afraid to think outside the box.  I called two beautiful garden centers and found out that you weren't allowed to have chairs at one place, and the other one was outrageously priced plus you had to rent your own chairs.  I talked to our local art institute and they had a beautiful outdoor patio section that was out of our budget.  We finally ended up finding a beautiful farm with a restored historical home, white gazebo (with white bench seating and cobblestone walk way), and a beautiful big restored white barn for the reception. It has a lot of land and amazing landscaping all over the grounds. They provide all the tables and chairs and have no alcohol or catering fees.  We got the place for ceremony and reception 5pm-midnight for $1200!  The point is, I googled for days, and probably called 15 different places before I found this little gem.   I know you'll find the perfect place too!  Good luck!

• You should take a look at this great website that gives information about all of the wineries in the US and whether or not they host weddings/receptions/parties - www.wineryweddingguide.com. It's great! It's saved me a lot of time calling each individual winery. I thought all wineries allowed weddings, but I was so wrong. Plus, it gives phone numbers and websites too. 

I think a winery is the most romatic setting, from spring through fall! Have fun checking it out - www.wineryweddingguide.com!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards