Outdoor Weddings

Fear of Mother Nature... HELP!

Ok I definitely need help from you brides out there.  I have been looking at venues so much that I think my eyes are going to fall out... My fiance and I found one that is exactly what we want.  It is a big rock pavilion with a large grassy lawn in front of it.  The only thing is my fiance and I are worried about the weather.  We know we could get a tent or fix an overhead situation but we were also worried about the grass.  Are dance floor and ceremony would be held in the lawn in front of the pavilion.  We are torn on what to do.  My fiance is really worried about the rain and I don't know any solutions to reassure him with.  If you all have any ideas please shoot them my way!  Any help is appreciated.

Re: Fear of Mother Nature... HELP!

• We looked into floors and they were very pricey. We are getting a tent and the tent people said that we didn't need a floor. They set the tent up a few days in advance so the the ground under it drys out and stays dry. I don't know what you can do if you are not haiving a tent.
  • We are renting tents just in case, because I have that same fear. As far as dancing, we figure people can dance on the grass. Friends of ours did that, and it was fine, no dancing disasters. If you're worried about ruining the grass with dancing, the fake floors will do just as much damage.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards