Outdoor Weddings
Options

Destination Wedding

Is anyone planning, or know of anyone, that has done a destination wedding. I looking for some information on how difficult it is to for legal reasons to marry on a carribean island. I was told it is difficult on an island, and you may as well get married in your state, then go down to an island. Can anyone help me??

Re: Destination Wedding

• Options
    I'd check out the destination wedding board. I know there are a bunch of people on there who have had or will have a wedding in the Carribean.
    Photobucket photo 899306-2148.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    We had a destination wedding.  We married legally on the island of Bermuda.

I would highly HIGHLY recommend that you follow the rules and marry legally at your destination.  Otherwise, you are basically asking guests to pay a lot of money to travel only to watch you and your fiance play-acting at getting married.  That's not so cool.  I attended a "wedding" like this a month ago and I'm still pissed off that we spent all that money to watch a farce.

Mexico has strict rules but some of the other island aren't so bad.  Bermuda was very straightforward.

Good luck.
  • Options
    simplemauisimplemaui member
    First Comment
    edited August 2012
    A destination wedding in Maui is always a good idea. It's beathtaking and you don't have to worry about all of the legalities around getting married in another country. Here is a photo of a wedding we did.

• Options
    Go to Sanibel or Captiva Island in Florida.  Totally beautiful and it's like being on an island without the fuss.  I got married at the Sanibel Harbour Resort and Spa, had silk flowers which were perfect and mailed right to the hotel https://www.etsy.com/shops/lovetheblooms and stayed on the island for my honeymoon which was perfect!  Best wishes. 
  • Options
    It depends on what Caribbean island you want to get married on, too. When I was searching for a destination location, the amount of time we had to be there before we could obtain a license was a deciding factor. I found that information on an all-inclusive site like Sandals. We're sticking with the US and going to Kauai, HI.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards