Outdoor Weddings

porta potty?

hey everyone! i'm having a field wedding in the afternoon in june.. 

wedding 4- 430
pics for bridal party/appetizers for guests 430-5
reception 5-6
dancing/after party 6-11pm 
(all events will be held in the field) 

since it's going to be a long night my question is should i rent a porta potty for guests?

Re: porta potty?

• You most definitely need a bathroom. I wouldn't attend a wedding that didn't have one. I think porta potties are gross though.  Maybe you can rent a nicer one in a trailer? Also are you renting a tent? Because you should in case it rains.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Yes, you need to provide a restroom for your guests (I suggest a minimum of 2 and go up from there depending on the size of your guest list).  I agree with pp about port-a-potties being gross and wouldn't want to go in one when I dressed nicely for a wedding.  Look into renting the nicer trailer ones.  
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • do you expect you guest to hold it? or pee in the field?

Um, get a trailor. They run about a $1,000. If I got to a wedding with our a toilet, I'd leave.
    Photobucket

Anniversary
    213image enjoyed some southern charm
    163imagedrank out of mason jars
    50image stayed up the north
  • I agree with previous posters. You must provide restrooms. I also think you should rent the nicer ones that flush and are larger or a trailor. I would be furious if I dressed for a wedding and had to pee in a gross porto potty.
  • I completely agree with everyone about providing restrooms, and using one of the nicer portable restrooms rather than your standard plastic porta-potty.  If you've never seen these, do a quick google search -- I think you'll be surprised by what you find.  Most of these have at least two stalls, flushing toilets, and running water in the sinks.  They are WAY nicer than a porta-potty, especially for people in nice clothes:-)
    DSC_9275
  • What everyone else said.  If I arrived and found out there were only porta potties I wouldn't eat or drink and I would leave as soon as possible.
  • ViczaesarViczaesar member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2012
    Wait, your reception is only an hour long, but the dance/after party is five hours long and in the same place?  I don't understand.  What's the difference between the two?

• I think she's using the term "reception" to mean the dinner portion. That's what I thought anyway.  OP, just for the record all guests have to be invited to all portions of the wedding.  Don't know if you were planning on including additional people in the "dance" part or not, but that's a huge no no. 

And OF COURSE you have to provide a restroom.  That shouldn't even be a question. Rent a nice trailer bathroom.  Porta pottys are gross.  I went to a wedding that had one once and it was the WORST.  They don't even have lights inside. I was NOT a happy camper when I had to try to pee in a porta potty in a silk dress when I couldn't even see where the toilet opening was.  
  • MadisonpennyMadisonpenny member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    What was your other option? the woods? diapers as wedding favors? I'm just curious what you were thinking as an option for yourself after a few drinks ina  wedding dress?
    . Anniversary aandt image
  • These are the restroom that we are getting for our wedding. hope this helps!
    http://www.royalrestrooms.com/washington.html
  • We are having our wedding in my parents backyard, approx. 100 people and we have already ordered a restroom trailer (hot water, wood cabinets, porcelin toliets & urinals, heat/AC, etc.). I wouldn't expect my parents to have that many people going through house to use their 2 bathrooms.

The grand total is $1,200 and I think it's worth every penny.
  • If you do get port-a-potties just make sure that you have a way of lighting them after the sun goes down.  I went to a wedding with them and using them in the dark in a nice dress was awkward.  
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We rented one of the "party" potties - it flushes, has seat covers, mirrors, a sink w/ running water, has a "freshener" fan, and they're big sized, so it's not all tiny. They were about $100 more (each). I've been to weddings with them and they were always very clean and better than your standard porta potty. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards