Retro and Vintage Weddings

Save the Dates

I'm a loss here. :(  I've searched all over Etsy for some STD templates that I like and really nothing stands out to me.  I've tried to make my own at home, but my lack of creativity is frustrating!  Anyone have any suggestions?  TIA!
Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Save the Dates

• I'm using vista print for my announcements since we're eloping. They have some really cute ones. HTH!

• What's your vintage time period?
    Retro/Vintage Inspirations

imageimageimage

• I took inspiration from old postcards and travel posters.  These are the cards I made and had printed on Vista Print

These magnets inside it

Look for cultural icons for your time period. If you're doing it in the 20s think big beautiful art deco, Victorian era you could find a lace print as the background. 50s you can use rock and roll, diners, drive ins. Take a look at the era links on the sticky, you might get some ideas.
    White Knot
  • NukkeNukke member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2011
    First of all, are you sure you need them?  STDs are really only good if you're going to be getting married on a holiday where people might have to plan well ahead, or you're having a destination wedding.  Essentially, they're just for giving people more time to plan for a slightly unusual situation.  DH and I had to use STDs because we were having a destination wedding, and people needed to get their passports in order.  They can use STDs to get expidited service from the gov't for passport requests.

Tell us more about your wedding style so we can help you out.  In the meantime, check out these links for a variety of ideas:

CLICK ME and ME
    Our Wedding Website
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards