Retro and Vintage Weddings

vintage style clothes

Hey everyone, since we are all interested in vintage style, I wanted to share this link.  I apologize if anyone has posted this previously, as I have just stumbled on this board.  I actually ordered a potential wedding dress from them--it didn't pan out, however, I am exchanging for 2 dresses and 2 hair clips!  Anyway, I thought if anyone else may be looking for rehearsal dinner dresses in the vintage theme, the dresses here are cute. I am anxiously awaiting my exchange items--I think FI & I may do vintage style engagement photos in black & white, and I intend on wearing one of the dresses! http://www.unique-vintage.com/Also, I'm bummed I just found this board yesterday, as I will be having foot surgery tomorrow and will be Knotless for a couple weeks. I don't have internet at home, so when I feel well enough to get to the library for an hour, I will check in. But I hope everyone has a good few weeks and look forward to seeing more posts here when I get back.
Crosswalk

Re: vintage style clothes

• i ♥ unique-vintage, but I've never bought anything from them. I was going to get my dress from them but decided against ordering something I couldnt try on. Ditto for the BM dresses.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I totally understand.  I usually go to California every year, but obviously can't afford it this year with planning the wedding. Or I could have gone to the store...BUT since they have a 2 week return policy, I decided to go for it.  I knew that I'd know as soon as I put it on if it was "The One" or not.  It wasn't, so I packed it back up and sent it with my "exchange for" list.  The dress that was almost my wedding dress was the first one I fell in love with, and I never wanted to wonder what it would have looked like. I am hoping that I will have a good idea of sizing from the other dresses that I can order from them in the future more. I also read the reviews because people often say if the various dresses/brands run smaller or bigger than you'd expect based on measurements.
    Crosswalk
  • are they as awesome and cute as they look online?! Sigh... I love their stuff... Some of it i would totally wear every day! Well, maybe out for a nice evening or something anyway :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I agree, hizzle. I am waiting for the exchange items, but the wedding dress was very pretty!  FI & I could never think of anything that would really seem like "us" for engagement photos, so we weren't going to do them, but I got the b/w Old Hollywood look idea when a friend was posting some Hollywood starlet photos on FB.  I actually have a photo that my grandfather took of his younger sister and husband that I would like to try to replicate (I resemble her a lot).  So I am running it by FI tonight, and the first thing I thought was that one of the dresses I ordered would look perfect in the pics.  Keeping fingers crossed!!!!
    Crosswalk
  • I love the site, thanks for the link.  I hope all goes well with your surgery!
  • I'm planning on ordering my dress from them.  I found one months ago on there that I just love so much.  I haven't ordered it yet, and if I get it and I don't like it on me then I'll exchange it for a sundress or something.  Here's hoping that I love it.  
    MyBio
    Yes I am.....Living the Dream
  • Great link! :) Pirata, hope you have a speedy recovery!
  • Yea thanks for this.  I have never seen this website.  I already have my dress.  Casablanca-1900, but I am looking for a after party dress.  This looks like a good place to start.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • laadams--your dress sounds FABULOUS!
    Crosswalk
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards