Retro and Vintage Weddings

XP: Family Rude to FI... Vent... Long!

I just like you girls, so I'm gonna vent here. I also posted this on my month board... Here goes...Ok, so obviously I think my FI is amazing and wonderful and just the best thing in the world.My dad's side of the family is just crazy and selfish and rude. Yesterday we had a "get to know Steven" party thrown by my dad's sister (the one of five that i ♥ for real). Two of my BMs and their s/o's came. Also, my dad, stepmom, half sister (35), another aunt, cousin, and cousin's g/f.Throughout the whole time, Stepmom and half sister were giving FI dirty looks.At one point, we played a game where everyone had to ask FI a question... He didnt have to answer if he didnt want to. so it was fine, til it got to my half sister who said "I dont have any thing, dont look at me." Next was my dad, who said "We'll talk about it later." Um... Awkward, and completely rude. Now, he could have been joking, but he wasnt laughing when he said it, and he had that whole, I'm gonna protect my lil girl look on his face. My dad and I do not have a good relationship, so... the "father" role he tries to play is just WRONG. When Steven hugged dad my step mom said "well, isnt he a huggy person." in this snooty voice. So what! Sorry if the OTHER side of my family is more affectionate than you. So, this of course brought my fears back up that these a-holes are going to do something on my wedding day to create drama. My mom, aunt, and mamaw have all pledged to not let them "ruin my day", but I dont want them to have to. I got over it, figuring that since my mega-drama aunt isnt coming, I wouldnt have to worry about it... but now, I'm not sure. And though I know everyone doesn't have to like everyone else, I have a hard time believing I'm ever going to be ok with my dad's family if they have an issue with my wonderfully awesome FI who is the best thing that ever happened to me. I'm sorry to go on about this, and tones and facial expressions are hard to explain over the board... Is anyone else having any drama/issues like this?! I hope I'm not alone...
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: XP: Family Rude to FI... Vent... Long!

• Hmm. Is there a reason they dislike him?
  • i have no idea. I cant see any reason, because he has always been nice to him. Maybe they're just mad at me, since my dad isnt walking me down the aisle... I dunno.. :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm sorry that they were ugly to you and your FI.  BTW, I haven't ever heard of one of these parties.  Interesting.  My FI's family, mother and sister are snooty.  I think everyone has people like this in their family.  If they were to do something stupid and rude on your wedding day just let it roll off.  You, your FI, and the rest of your family know how they are.  And if the guests witness their rudeness they will know too.  This is really the only thing that you can do.  You shouldn't have to babysit them on your wedding day.  Go ahead and let them act like morons.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards