Retro and Vintage Weddings

Table Names?

Hi Ladies, Does anyone have any clever ideas for table names? I want to avoid doing numbers and want to do something different. The only thing I have seen that I like is love written in different languages.Thanks!

Re: Table Names?

• well, im planning on doing numbers, but years instead. i.e. 1950, 1960, etc. i've heard that some people are doing other things related to their wedding theme - like artists of the decade or street names near where they got engaged, special places to the couple, or popular cities like london, paris, etc.

House Renovations
    Married Bio

I am a gluten-free, gun-toting wife! :P

I love you, Daddy...2/24/1953 to 2/13/2011image
  • Matt (my FI) wants to do tree species.  :D
    Our Wedding Website
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Hey.  I think it would be super cool to use names of your favorite songs or a line from a song.  I'm not having assigned seating but I would still love to do this somewhere.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am doing a Vintage/Old Hollywood Glam theme and plan on naming table after actors/actresses.
  • i see you are using birds in your decor...what about names/pictures of birds? i went to a wedding recently and the tables were named places the couple had traveled with picture of them at the place and name of the place in a frame
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • i also see you have pets....i was thinking about using pics of our pets and family pets :
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We are also doing an Old Hollywood theme and using postcards of Old Hollywood actors and actresses as our table markers.
    Crosswalk
  • We're also using antique postcards but with years on them. PIB
  • I like the idea of naming them after actresses and actors. i think it all really depends on your theme. PS.. NUKKE i LOVE your bouquet! I want to do something like that. what kind of flowers are those?
  • It's a bouquet of anemone flowers.  They come in a lot of different colours.  I think a red anemone is the same flower as a poppy.  Anyway...My newest idea is to maybe not have any table numbers.  Just placecards.  Let guests wander around and find their own damn seats.  :P
    Our Wedding Website
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • I also love Nukke's bouquet photo...I know what flowers I am using for the girls' bouquets, but NO IDEA on mine. I keep going back and forth.  I have a feeling I will have several different flowers that I will be able to use for home decor or craft projects by the time I make my bouquet....
    Crosswalk
  • Thanks girls. I actually really like the pet idea!! Or names of Birds.
  • We are having a old world romantic theme wedding and we are vintage cars lovers so the tables will be names after our favourite vintage cars with black and white pictures on a canvas and easal at each tableMake it something personal to you as a couple.
  • Love the vintage car idea!
    Crosswalk
  • I could have sworn I posted here... PP's have some great ideas. We are going with famous people from our era -- not just actors/actresses but also people like Franklin Roosevelt, Irving Berlin, Amelia Earhart, and Joe Louis. We went all out and found one person whose name started with A, B, C, ... all the way to O, which is the last table we can possibly need.The other idea we had was to pick vintage dance names -- the Charleston, Lindy Hop, etc. You could even put instructions on how to do the dance on the table card, which might lead people to try to figure it out.

1st year anniversary in Victoria with a killer whale topiary!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards