Retro and Vintage Weddings

**~Tarafire~**

Hey Tara!I noticed you don't yet have a venue.  I just wanted to share my funny fantasy of you having your reception in an aircraft hanger.  :P  If you google "aircraft hanger wedding" you can see some.  [url="http://www.memoriescreativeevents.com/pastevents/hangerreception.html"]Here's one I found.[/url]HTH or gives you a laugh at least!Eeva
Our Wedding Website
Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

Re: **~Tarafire~**

• MMM, I have also had an idea about having it in a hanger, however in our small town we lack any hangars that would do us any good. I wish we could pull this off, though :( Sadness.
  • Darn I was just coming back on here to let you know you'll get better results if you spell it right.  "aircraft hangar weddings".Well, I'll keep my thinking cap on for you, anyway!
    Our Wedding Website
  • You're so sweet! I thank you from the bottom of my heart!And I would also like to let you know that I found some vintage style candy that would be amazing for you if you're doing a candy buffet. We are doing one, so we went to goodwill today and bought some glasses to put the candy in.I will post links and such tomorrow, right now my Mountain fi is tired and wanting to go to bed so I shall accompany him.Did you ever look into purchasing that amazingly cute flower girl dress? I think you asked about it right? We're for sure getting it.
  • First off, thanks for the nice hair comment in the other post. :D  You made me feel good when I was having an "I'm ugly and bloated" day.  You could totally pull off the 40s hair look though.  I think brunettes have such beautiful silky hair, but mine just looks like old straw to me. :P  My every day style is a bit 40s already, but about once a week I try new looks with my hair.  It really lets you see what your hair is capable of!  I have some respect for the ladies that would put their coif in rollers every night.  But, anyway, give it a try!  I recommend it.  Plus dress up is fun. :PRe: the vintage candy.  Please post this link and any other info you have in a new post!  I'm sure there are lots of our vintage and retro brides considering a candy buffet!  I'm considering one, too, but I think I'm leaning more towards a pastry buffet...And speaking of sweet things, no, I haven't forgotten about that sweet little dress!  I'll be meeting with my flower girl and her mom in December.  Apparently the little muffin is really opinionated about what she wears (she's only a year and knows exactly what she likes and doesn't like).  Anyway, ultimately it's up to them, but I'm definitely going to show it to them!
    Our Wedding Website
  • Hmm I will have to try your ideas! That should be a good start to figuring hair ideas out. I am a redhead though, it's a dark red, it runs in the family. Someday I will post a pic of me that actually shows my real hair color, because usually I dye it so I have brown hair but I haven't for a long time so it's now back to it's red color. I should be taking pictures today, so when I do I will post a link to my bio so  other girls can look. Your pastry idea sounds amazing! Aww, I love opinionated kiddos :) Sometimes!
  • Waaaiiit a minute.  a REDHEAD is jealous of a blonde?  are you insane? :D You, lady, are a beautiful rare breed!  Those 40s locks will look AMAZING on you!  Are you thinking of doing them yourself or are you going to a hairdresser?
    Our Wedding Website
  • Haha if you grow up a red, you want blonde. I love blonde hair! Well, I am lucky enough to have an amazing Mountain Fi that has a sister who is a hairdresser for a living, so I am getting my hair done for free. :D I took pics of all the goodwill crap I bought, and will post them within an hour in inspiration, me thinks. Do you have a Marilyn Monroe piercing or a mole on your left upper lip? Either way, it is amazing. I've always pondered getting a MM, but know Mountain would hate it :(
  • Hmm, nope, that's not me!  I wonder if you were looking at someone elses photos. :PI do have a labaret piercing, though (below my bottom lip).
    Our Wedding Website
  • Oh haha it was a spot on my screen on my laptop. It was for sure you, I a just dumb haha! Well, you looked good with it! Oh, did that piercing hurt??
  • LOL >Actually the piercing didn't hurt half as much as getting my ears pierced.  I think you've got more nerve endings in your ear, I dunno.  I was really lucky, though, and had the most famous piercer/tattoo artist in Finland do it for me.  So maybe she made it hurt less somehow. 
    Our Wedding Website
  • Oh, ps.  Both FI and I love the new photo.
    Our Wedding Website
  • Oh really? Thank you so much! It is my SCBA (self-contained breathing apparatus) mask. I was kind of sick of wedding related pictures on my signature, so I decided to my passion...firefighting! Plus, it's silly.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards