Retro and Vintage Weddings

Wow boards slow..

So I will post about.......my current project. Invitations :)

what do your invites look like?

Are they vintage inspired?

What insertd will be included?

Re: Wow boards slow..

• My Invite mock-ups are in my planning bio....they are not really vintage inspired b/c when I bought them and did the mock-up I wasn't planning for a vintage theme.
  • Here's mine (my mockup):

Not vintage really but polka dots were the most important thing :P

Inserts will be rsvp card with its envelope and possibly directions. May also include kids meal/rsvp card for those people who have kids..still debating. I'm going to start printing them up this week so ill prob post an update later on in the week :)

House Renovations
    Married Bio

I am a gluten-free, gun-toting wife! :P

I love you, Daddy...2/24/1953 to 2/13/2011image
  • RobotCakeRobotCake member
    First Comment
    edited March 2010
    My fiance is making our invitations -- they're still in progress, but I managed to steal one to snap a few pics.  I think they have a classic, vintage feel to them, with the patterened paper accent and wax seal on the outside. 

The enclosures aren't done yet, but we plan to include Directions, RSVP, and Menu. I don't really think that we need the menu, but he really wants to include it.  This would be separate from the meal choices on the RSVP, and give more detail.  Is anyone else including a menu?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • future-mrsfuture-mrs member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2010
    Robot yours are making me so jealous...our colors are purple/gold.  LOVE THEM!

So far, my favorite I've found are these:
    They are definitely vintage inspired.  :)  We'll be including a RSVP enclosure for sure but not sure what else yet.

• The design for the peacock on our invites is in the DIY section of my bio. It will be printed out on white cardstock with an ivory cardstock background and placed into an ivory envelope. We are going to use the flower from the peacock design on the RSVP card. My invitations cost oh, $5 maybe for the cardstock and gold paint that we are going to use to handpaint the gold on the design. I'm also going to go over the font with a calligraphy pen to give it that hand written look.

I really like your invitations Robot Cake. We are also going to use a monogram wax seal! B for Baron. :-D
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards