Retro and Vintage Weddings

DIY invites... (PIP)

Hey Everyone! 
I'm more of a lurker than a participant-- But I would love opinions on my invites!  I want something quirky, and not-the-same from piece to piece, so this was my latest mock up (yay it fits in an envelope!)  I dunno if it'll be too much work to make them all for everyone-- but let me know your thoughts! (also, sorry if the pictures are WAY big or WAY small!)

It's a business card RSVP card (it'll be the "ticket" to the wedding), the Invite, and then a small little directions card all tucked together in a "pocket-envelope" with vellum(ish?) overlay.  I got all of my papers from a scrapbooking kit I found at michaels!  (oh, and this is only a mock-up, so that's why there's scribbles instead of writing!)
Thanks! 
~Kat
Peaches!
~Kat
Retro & Vintage Knotties Siggy Challenge
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: DIY invites... (PIP)

• its definitely very quirky and i like it alot!!

House Renovations
    Married Bio

I am a gluten-free, gun-toting wife! :P

I love you, Daddy...2/24/1953 to 2/13/2011image
  • I wish I could see it a little better! But from what I can see I like it. It looks like a lot of fun.
    *Katie & David* July 22nd 2011 Our Shindig and Blog Updated Weekly! Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • They look awesome!! Where did you find black & white stripe paper?? I've looked everywhere and never found any!!!!!!!!! And I love vintgage pointer finger. I've used that icon on some of our stationary too. Great job! Hopefully you will stop lurking and post more since I like your ideas.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks, all!  I'll try to get better pictures up-- maybe with real "invite" info/layout on them: I lost my version of photoshop on my previous hard-drive... :( It was a sad loss, and now I have to remake everything!!!

vintagefix, I got the stripe paper from a black and white scrapbook -book.  It's just a bunch of different designs in black&white, so some people get stripes, some will get dots, others will get swirls and swoops.. (and some even get neat velvet textures!!!)  The best papers are in the scrapbook kits: but it can get really expensive if you want everything to match a pattern, instead of a color palette... 
    Peaches!
    ~Kat
  • OK-- Here are more :) WE've decided that this works for us-- So I've started creating the pocket-shells for the invites (once we have the location/etc finalized) to go into!
    Everyone gets something different-- Let me know what you think!

The fronts!

The backs!
    Peaches!
    ~Kat
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards