Retro and Vintage Weddings
Options

Need some advice

The fiance and me were talking last night and we decided on doing a 40's "theme" wedding. We were also talking about STDs and I brought up the idea about making "post card" STDs with the V-J Day photo on the front, then us recreating it on the back with the words "Save the Date: Oct 16th".

What do you ladies think of this idea?

This is the V-J Day photo but I'm sure you girls have all seen it before:

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Need some advice

• Options
    I think it's super cute, but it might be difficult to get someone to print the back of a postcard, unless you're doing it yourself. I know a lot of ladies use Vistaprint, which I love, too, I'm not sure if they'll do it or not. It's a super cute idea, though, even if you just recreate your own version of the picture. Granted, I haven't done much research into getting postcards printed, so I could be dead wrong. Either way, I love the idea, and I LOVE the 40's! Can't wait to see what else you come up with!
    image 141 Invited so far!
    image 112 Are ready to party!
    image 29 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I love the idea! Please show us if you end up doing it! :)
  • Options

fantastic idea! you could even do the original and yourselves mimicing it next to each other on the front. I actually just did my STDs with Postcards from VistaPrint (sign up for their emails and they'll send you offers for 100 Free postcards adn stuff). It's color front and free to print the back black adn white. But you have to be really careful about the back because if you put too much stuff on the back the post office wont send it. you might be better off doing the pics front only. Otherwise, they do have envelopes you can put the postcard in to send it, but i think that kind of defeats the purpose.

Either way, the idea is fantastic and i cant wait to see how it turns out!

House Renovations
    Married Bio

I am a gluten-free, gun-toting wife! :P

I love you, Daddy...2/24/1953 to 2/13/2011image
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. I'm thinking about putting it in an envelope but not sure. Thanks again for all the advice.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I think it would look so great! 
    Our Wedding Website
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Options
    I know I'm way late to the party, but I love the idea! My thoughts are that if you're recreating the pic with you anyway, you don't need to give a whole side of the card to the original. I'd make the back of the postcard your recreation, and then the other side perhaps you could have it in the background behind the info text (with the opacity dialed down of course).

Whatever you do good luck! I can't wait to see them!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards