Retro and Vintage Weddings

Hey ladies!

I am new to this board!  I just found it and oh my goodness it makes me so happy!  I can't wait to get to know all of you!
Photobucket

Re: Hey ladies!

• NukkeNukke member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Hi there!  Nice to meet you.  Tell us a little about yourself :D
    Our Wedding Website
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Well, My name is Katie and my fiance's name is Juan.  We just got engaged on March 5 and plan on getting married next year on May 19, 2012.  I'm still in school at the moment working on finishing up my undergrad and my fiance is in the Marine Corps.

I want to have a vintage glam inspired wedding and I'm so excited!  I'm not super creative though so we will see how all of this will go!

So far with my planning I have booked my ceremony site, reception site, photog, and DJ.  I feel like our reception site is just going to be awesome for the Vintage glam inspiration I want to go with! OH and We are going to do black and white with an accent of red for our colors!

Here is the entrance to my reception site:

As of right now I'm just working on finding the perfect, unique centerpieces!  Its so hard!  I know you ladies are going to be super helpful with everything though!

Photobucket
  • Welcome!  :) WAY cool venue!!
    Peaches!
    ~Kat
    Retro & Vintage Knotties Siggy Challenge
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited April 2011
    Welcome to the board!

Here's a bit of background on me ... I'm getting married in 79 (?) days on Sunday, July 3.  I have been married once; my fiance has been married twice.  I have a son, a high school senior who just turned 18, who will be my best man.  FI has two adult children plus 4 grandkids.  We dated 3.5 years before FI proposed.  Our wedding date is the 5th anniversary of our first date.  Awww ...

What makes our wedding vintage?  Our venue is an historic inn which dates back to the 1700s, so the vintage vibe will surround us throughout the wedding and reception.  We've also chosen invitations which have a subtle, vintage feel with use of a nice motif and an antique looking font.  Music will span multiple decades, with a lot of 40s during dinner and 60s for dancing.

My current obsession is my shoes ... custom made from Australia.  *sigh*

• Nice to meet ya!  I'm doing a vintage glam theme as well!  My colors are black and ivory/champagne.  I have a bunch of inspiration pics in my bio!
  • Welcome to the board! It is always great to get another vintage bride. We're a small group, but these girls are great! You sound like you're really on top of things!

Our wedding has a Victorian theme. It will be in an 1860s courthouse building that is now used mostly for weddings and special events.
    Photobucket
  • Thanks Kelley!  I'm definitely going to check out your bio!

@graysquirre: Your theme and venue sound amazing and unique!!
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards