Retro and Vintage Weddings

too much inspiration...

I am trying to plan out the look of my tables and centerpieces, but im having a hard time. I know that I will definitely be going with a vintage feel. the problem is that I have seen too many beautiful ideas, and I just cant choose!
I love antiques, and I definitely want to use mismatched china. I think I might stick to just bread plates so it doesnt get too overwhelming. I have a lot of chine tea pots that were given to me by my grandmothers, and I would like to put flowers in them for the centerpieces. I dont have enough for every table, so I think I will alternate them with stacked teacups that have small flowers in them.
I found a picture of table runners made out of doilies, and I fell in love with it. My mom and grandma have already started crocheting doilies to help me out. 
My grandma also has a lot of floral hankies that I would like to use to make a banner above the dessert table.

my fiance is afraid that having too much stuff that doesnt match is going to make our wedding look cheap, "like a garage sale". Is it too much to do all of this? or should I calm down and stick to one idea?

Thanks!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards