Retro and Vintage Weddings
Options

Haircut terrors!

I am a pretty traditional girl with an affection for ALL things vintage, classy, traditional, etc.

Right now, my hair looks like this:www.prohaircut.com/images/jennifer_aniston_long_bob_hair_style_76087.jpg" title="Clicky!">
http://www.prohaircut.com/images/jennifer_aniston_long_bob_hair_style_76087.jpg

I want to go short. Maybe collarbone length.  I did it before in high school but I was less conservative back then.

I worry that it will come out entirely too modern, all choppy and inversion-like.

I want more of a Jackie-O, Betty-Draper sort of look. Any suggestions, pictures, ideas, etc?
Bio!
Updated 8/9!

Re: Haircut terrors!

• Options
    clhmddclhmdd member
    First Comment
    Your best bet is to go to a Trusted(key word trusted) hair stylist and ask for her opinion, Cosmetologists study the whole aspect of you and your features and can tell what will look good on you.Just go to someone you trust and knows what they are doing because they will actually care. Some hairstylists just want In and out clients with no questions.
  • Options
    This will sound bad, but stay away from "walk in" type places and go to someplace that develops a personal one on one type of relationship with their clients.  Start with asking for customer referrals, and if they won't give you any, walk away.  When you find one youre willing to try, begin with a trim.  Maybe an inch or two, just to see how the stylist does.  Then go back in a few weeks to have her take a bit more off.  While you are doing this, discuss with them the look you are going for with your wedding hairstyle and bring in some detailed pictures of what excatly you want.  Take the time to get to know the stylist and develop trust with her. 

This is the hair style and cut for your wedding and any stylist worth their weight will take the time and effort to get it just right for you on your big day...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards