Retro and Vintage Weddings
Options

Checks = Happiness!

TGIF! Certainly my favorite day of the week!

So here is what I have accomplished this week...or more like just yesterday actually:
Reserved Caterer
Reserved Venue
And.....*Drum Roll Please!*........................I Bought My Dress!!!!! Laughing

I tried it on last night and it was the first time I actually felt awesome and comfortable in a wedding dress. I've tried on nearly 30 dresses at DB and felt fat and frustrated in everything they put me in. When we got the Madison all laced up I seriously almost cried when I saw myself in the mirror and I knew  I had to have it.
So, in the midst of my wedding dress bliss I completely forgot to take pictures...OOPS! So this is the link to the dress on the Maggie Sottero site: HERE

One more thing! Since I was starting my BM dress shopping all over again I asked my BM's to do a little searching around and see if they can find some swing dresses at a decent price. One of my girls actually came through and found THIS one etsy.com. I LOVE them!
*Katie & David* July 22nd 2011 Our Shindig and Blog Updated Weekly! Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Checks = Happiness!

• Options
    Amazing dress! I bet you look beautiful in it. And those bridesmaids dresses rock my socks off!
  • Options

Oh your dress is sooo pretty. I know what you mean about feeling frustrated getting in and out of tons of dresses none being the one... And I LOVE your bm dresses, such a reasonable price too!!!

• Options
    i love it!
  • Options
    NukkeNukke member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    It's a reailly beautiful dress!  The bridesmaid dresses are cool, too.

When CAN you post pictures of yourself in it? (ie, when can you go try it on again?) :P  I wanna see! 

I love that you almost cried.  I knew I would cry when I found my dress, and I totally did too.
    Our Wedding Website
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Options
    I'll see if I can try it on again sometime this week.
    *Katie & David* July 22nd 2011 Our Shindig and Blog Updated Weekly! Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Have you ever looked at www.bettiepageclothing.com?  If you haven't ordered your bridesmaid dresses yet, or if you need something for your rehearsal or want to wear a vintage looking dress when you leave for your honeymoon, you might enjoy the site.

I wandered into one of their stores, recently.  I liked a skirt, but they were sold out of my size.  I figured I was out of luck...then the salesclerk told me they would have their seamstress SEW ONE for me!  (They were also willing to mail it to me...and declined to take a deposit.  They just trusted me to call and give them my charge number, after they'd made it.)  Needless to say, I was impressed! 

Congrats on all you've checked off your list! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards