Honeymoon Discussions

Travel Insurance

Hi all!!

So we initially were going to go to take our HM in Feb of 2014, but decided we wanted to go right after the wedding. And of course it's hurricane season. I have been to Jamaica every year in Feb but have not gone in Sept. As I was reading, people have suggested buying travelors insurance. I have never done that before. Can someone provide me with some insight as to where and what to look for and so on? I want to look more into this if we do end up in Jamaica in Sept.

Thanks for your advice!

Tara
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: Travel Insurance

• Also check out insuremytrip.com to compare policies!

• Start with insure my trip & compare.  Travel Guard recommended by someone else is one of the available products. 

Read each offer carefully to understand what is covered.  The problem is that if you wait too long to leave you might not be able to get a flight off the island at any price. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_travel-insurance-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:e745dd10-0897-462f-8078-c4bf0f307593Post:ae476158-5169-45e2-b2e8-9c5a1d7d0509">Re: Travel Insurance</a>:
    [QUOTE]Also check out insuremytrip.com to compare policies!
    Posted by Jells2dot0[/QUOTE]

This! We used it on our trip to Europe. Loved being able to compare all the insurance companies policies side by side.

• ive ysed insuremytrip for years and am very happy with it as it will compare policies side by side for your trip.
    you MUST MUST know what it covers, excludes, limits though.

• Also, depending on where you book it through, some of the major travel websites offer it during the booking process.  It's still a good idea to compare prices though.
    Anniversary
  • edited February 2013
    Thank you everyone!!!! I will check them all out. What does it exactly cover? Just airfare? I'm stumped now because all of these Groupon deals keep coming through and am afraid to purchase if it won't be covered under the travel insurance. hmpf!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Travel insurance covers what you pay it to cover:  Sometimes it's air, sometimes it's the cost of your trip, sometimes it's lost baggage & sometimes it's major medical (Because you are generally not covered by your own policy once you leave the country).  On some you can pick & chose; others it's a package. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards