Retro and Vintage Weddings

So Happy!

I'm very pleased to announce that after 8 months of planning we have finally found a cake baker with exceptional work. I am very picky about the quality of a cake design and I have an appointment with a cake baker on Friday to discuss our ideas. I had looked at their website before but I wasn't convinced until I saw the black and white damask cake that has just been added. I'm not even a huge damask fan, but I have definitely considered many damask things for the wedding because they are beautiful, elegant, and black and white. Originally I wanted a white cake with black scrolling designs on it, but I have always seen those perfect black designs done with a stencil and loved how symmetrical they are.

Here's the link to the website. There is a very short slideshow, but it's worth it to see their work.

Raindrop Desserts

Here's some pretty pictures of our favorite cake topper. The letter "T' on the left, but it will be the size of the middle letter, and some cakes with black stenciling. I still might do a cake with pedestals and our dark flowers placed between the tiers, on the top, and at the bottom with the silver stand. Not exactly sure, but the stenciled designs are so perfect and would look good either way.

Of course there's my love for pedestal cakes! Except I just want three tiers, because it will be on a silver cake stand.

Visit Gothic.weddings.com

Re: So Happy!

• LucaVCLucaVC member
    First Comment
    Yay! You no like damask? I liked it though it's become too popular but my down stairs bathroom is red, black and white damask so it still holds a special place in my h.e.a.r.t.

How about the dripping like cake? If you can see my bio, you'll see what I mean. BTW, those cakes are lovely.
    Visit Italian.weddings.com
  • Awesome!  I LOVE those cakes. How exciting that you found someone who can do what you are looking for.

Im a little worried about our cake because it's part of our package with our venue....we choose from 3 bakers....But Our plan is fairly simple so Im sure one of them will have what we like.

Anyway-congrats again!
  • NukkeNukke member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    My favourite cake you posted is that last one with the almost toile-looking pattern.  Gorgeous cakes, though, all of them!
    Our Wedding Website
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Beautiful cakes, I like number 2 & 3.  =)
  • edited May 2010
    So what do you all think about the crystal monogram topper? Also, I really love cakes with flowers in between the pedestals, they just look so elegant and "gardeny". I don't want the flowers to be all lined up. I want them to look like an elegant flower arrangement. I just want it to look "put together", and very, very elegant.

The last cake picture is so gorgeous, but I would want fewer flowers, the crystal monogram topper, and a black stenciled design. By the way, I wish the letter "T" topper was a little more "T-ish", but it's the most sparkly, and elegant one I can find. The other topper that we like seems a bit too square for our cake...here's the other one...

• NukkeNukke member
    I like the letters that you just posted best.  The T in that looks more elegant, more crisp and clean... almost deco...

whereas the first T is too swirly for my taste. 

That's just my opinion though.
    Our Wedding Website
  • NukkeNukke member
    The blockyness is exactly what I liked and what makes it a bit art-deco!  :D  Straight up deco wouldn't have any swirl, but you've got a bit of a swirl there which makes it elegant!
    Our Wedding Website
  • Yeah, we're thinking the "swirly" topper would be hard to see with the flowers on the top of the cake, the more "blocky" one would be more visible. It was my first chioce anyway. It's on my bridal shower registry!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards