Retro and Vintage Weddings

AW: Fun new project!

It was a little bit of a learning curve, but we did sillhouettes tonight!  I thought it would be cool do to them on fancy paper, and then have them on a dark background, but 2 things went wrong: 1. The fancy paper doesn't show the details as much as stark black & white would, and 2. I forgot to trace them so the sillhouettes would face eachother. (lol!) So... I'm going to redo them in the next couple of days: But it was fun for FI to be involved (he traced my head), and to practice my paper-cutting skills!  :)
Peaches!
~Kat
Retro & Vintage Knotties Siggy Challenge
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: AW: Fun new project!

• I love it! Such a fun, old tradition. Do you plan on making these as gifts?
    Photobucket
  • Huh! What a fun idea :)  If I have enough "mess-ups" left over, I might have enough for gifts!  These are about 14" tall... I don't know how many people (besides our moms) that would appreciate such big versions of our heads... :)

The plan, right now, is to use them in our back-drop for the ceremony.  The original doors to the opera house where we're having the wedding were turned into a free-standing piece with organza and twinkle lights: and I thought having our sillhouettes might be a fun way to show bride/groom side, as well as add some pizzaz to our back-drop.   Hopefully it'll turn out! :)
    Peaches!
    ~Kat
  • Thanks! :)  I like the idea for table numbers: We'll see where else silhouettes pop up...

Theme.. theme... that's a hard question to answer. lol  Our colors are black, white, and green: We're requesting everyone (guests, etc) to wear black and white, exclusively, and any bridal party will have a splash of green in their outfits.  
    The guys are kind of 30's-40's themed with fedoras and 3 piece suits and skinny ties.  The girls are kind of grecian, and I'm a victorian punk ballerina..  It's kind of a mess!  hahaha... Except the colors bring everything together.  (hopefully!)
    Peaches!
    ~Kat
  • OK -- I had a quick minute to redo them this morning: I bought some black and white posterboard.  Here's the final result! (singles & together)

Sorry.. Don't know how to rotate pictures, apparently.. :S

Peaches!
    ~Kat
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards