Retro and Vintage Weddings
Options

working hard!!!!!!!!

sorry i havent been on in a while.... the dress delema got worse before it got better! and now i am back to making swing dresses for all my maids and my kids! so with  eight months and i lost count of how many weeks i am hard at work so i have enough time to make sure that everyone fits in the dresses i almost have one done and will post pics! Congrats to anyone's wedding i missed! and i miss all my vintage/retro knotties! the all day work of making dresses has just begun so please bare with me! i loves you all!!!!!!!!!

Re: working hard!!!!!!!!

• Options
    hi! i cant wait to see your dresses :) i wish i was handy like that - all i can do is hem dress pants and shorter curtains since my ceilings are too loe for the ones in the stores usually. hehe

MISS YA!

House Renovations
    Married Bio

I am a gluten-free, gun-toting wife! :P

I love you, Daddy...2/24/1953 to 2/13/2011image
  • Options
    Good luck with the dress making! I too wish I was that crafty! Maybe someday I'll teach myself how to use a sewing machine.

Can't wait to see pictures!!
    *Katie & David* July 22nd 2011 Our Shindig and Blog Updated Weekly! Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Congratulations on making the decision to sew all of those dresses. I certainly don't need to tell you, but you will think back very fondly on the hours you spend on making the dresses.  It will be SO heart-warming when you get to see all of the ladies wearing your handiwork on your wedding day.  Awesome.

I keep thinking I may have to resort to finding an old Vogue pattern and make mydress.  You have just brought the thought back to the forefront.  It would certainly save me a TON of money.  Hmmm, then I could get the letterpress invitation suite I want ... guilt-free.  Sweet!

Please stop by the board before next spring with an update  And photos.  :)
  • Options
    I am making my bridesmaids dresses too! I am making muslins (mock-ups) of two dresses right now, trying to decide which will work best on my three girls. It took forever for me to acquire the patterns as they are both out of print.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards