Retro and Vintage Weddings

Not sure if I belong here... please help

Hello ladies! So I initially didn't want a theme b/c it sounds a little cliche. But then, while looking for my RD dress, I realized I would LOVE to do a vintage 40's-50's theme. I started looking for ideas on how to incorporate that them in our wedding. I already picked out my dress and the flowers. I was hoping to throw in the theme idea on the cake, invites, jewelery, and favors. Oh and of course music too! I love that era of music, so much talent! Anyways, I'm so completly lost at this point and was hoping to find some inspiration here. Maybe some pics of what you are doing to incorporate your theme? I <3 the red and black pokadot card box!!
~January 2011~
WEDDING MONTH SC - Rings
imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Not sure if I belong here... please help

• NukkeNukke member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    welcome Jess!  There are quite a few girls here on the retro and vintage boards who are doing a 1940s/1950s theme!  Have you checked the planning bio list at the top of the boards yet?  You can look through the planning bios of ours and get some inspiration.  the bios are arranged according to inspiration era, so you can scroll down to find the 1940s/50s girls and start from there!  There are also a number of polka dot brides and red and black brides as well. 

Enjoy!  You definitely belong here.  :D
    Our Wedding Website
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • you totally belong here! welcome!!! are you talking about this cardbox? cause if you are i have to boast that its mine :P

hehe onto the next subject - i have a 50s sort of polka dot theme so check out my bio for inspiration on those parts. its not crazy and too themey, just touches here and there :)

and is that your venue...cause its GORGEOUSSSS

House Renovations
    Married Bio

I am a gluten-free, gun-toting wife! :P

I love you, Daddy...2/24/1953 to 2/13/2011image
  • Wow! I do feel welcome! Thanks everyone!
    Nukke - thanks for all the 411. I will deffinately have to do that!
    Graceful - Yes!! I love your card box that you made, it's super fabulous!!!  And yeah that's the place. We fell in love with it right away. It's an old Victorian Pavillion in Downtown Sacramento :)
    ~January 2011~
    WEDDING MONTH SC - Rings
  • it definitely looks like something out of an old hollywood movie. i love it :)

House Renovations
    Married Bio

I am a gluten-free, gun-toting wife! :P

I love you, Daddy...2/24/1953 to 2/13/2011image
  • Welcome!!!

I Love Kim's Polka dots! Super cute stuff!

I'm doing a Retro Nautical Theme so if that tickles your fancy you can check out mine as well.
    Good luck with your planning!
    *Katie & David* July 22nd 2011 Our Shindig and Blog Updated Weekly! Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Yes, you belong! Everyone here is super helpful and the 50s are a huge trend in weddings right now, so you should be able to find tons of great stuff. I have found that going straight to period sources helps a lot. Try looking up 50s fashion plates. They will give you accurate colors, styles, and jewelry (pearls!!). We're doing a
    50s theme for our engagement pictures and will be visiting local 50s diners. If you have one of those nearby, they'd be a great source of inspiration! 
    Photobucket
  • Sure do belong here...feel free to check out my bio....good luck and the girls here are oober helpful...

I have to say I love the cardbox too!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker photo dip1004.jpg
  • Sweet! Thanks everyone! I cruised through a lot of your bios last night. There was a bunch of great ideas in there!! I absolutely loved the vintage hersey kiss tins. I'm looking into something like that for our favors.
    ~January 2011~
    WEDDING MONTH SC - Rings
  • EvEryone is ight you do belong here all my pics for my 1950's rockabilly wedding planing and DIY projects are on my profile! check it out! and your right that was a great era of music i have a huge song list too if you would like i can send it to you!
  • NukkeNukke member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Hey Jess, I'm glad you like the hershey's tins!  I don't know how much you want to spend on favours, but they would be a bit expensive to buy one for each person.  Unless you mean you would hold the favours inside the tins--then yeah!  We're putting violet foil and pink foil kisses in ours.  :D
    Our Wedding Website
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards