Honeymoon Discussions

Honeymoon Registry

Has anyone had experience with honeymoon registries? My mother in law seems to think that if we don't have a registry with specific gifts, people won't be as willing to give.

Re: Honeymoon Registry

• search this on these boards - they are a terrible idea because they are deceptive, take a cut of the gift, and end up requiring you to plan a vacation without knowing what your budget is.  Bad idea all around.  You are in Austin, so guests will likely want to give you physical gifts.  Not everybody follows this of course, but it's sort of commonplace in the south.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • There are two posts on this on this page and even more if you scroll through the pages in the last week or two. Check out the posts below abount Honeyfund and donations.

• We really could use a sticky at the top of this board detailing the reasons why HM registries are rude.

• Hey Jessica - be prepared to get negative commnets at the knot. Most of these appear to be from people who have NEVER used a honeymoon registry and they appear to be full-time bloggers with thousands of posts. I would suggest reading reviews from couples who HAVE used a honeymoon registry. I think you'll find that most people and their guests loved them. We used honeymoonpixie.com and they were exceelent - I couldn't be happier. 

The idea that they are "deceptive" is absurd. My wedding guests WANTED to get us fun stuff for our honeymoon.  They knew we were getting "cash" to spend. These are our best friends and family - there is nothing deceptive. Also, we received 100% of the gift money. I think you'll find that a good company will provide more then just a registry service - with free advice, travel tips, tools, etc. I would recommned doing what is best for you and ignore the naysayers.
  • I agree with Jaso. I have given a check to friends for their Honeyfund and they got all of that money. I did not think it was rude or tacky. And I have registered with Honeyfund for my wedding. I will also have a regular registry with gifts for those that don't like to give money. Not as big a deal as people on here make it seem.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If you decide this is the route you want to take:
    Based on the research I have done. Honeyfund seems like the best option for you and your guests. The smallest fees, no set activities, direct deposit, etc.
    Honeyluna/Honeymoon Wishes and Travelers Joy also seem like reputable options, just not as flexible with payment options and have higher fees.
    For the record - if you decide you want to do a honeymoon registry. It isn't rude or tacky and don't let the bullies on this website make you think so!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards