Retro and Vintage Weddings

married with pictures!

I thought I'd check in and share some non-pro pictures of my wedding!  I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day. Nothing really major went wrong, I was amazed at that.  The worst thing that happened was that we forgot all about bustling my train for the reception (since it was short and I could still walk around just fine).  When we made our grand entrance, my husband tripped on the train -- and then we had to try to dance to our first song with my train dragging all around! 

One small thing that I'm really glad I decided to do -- For our guest book, we set up a polaroid camera for guests to take pictures for our book.  I decided on a whim to set up a container filled to the brim with assorted faux mustaches.  Everyone loved the mustaches and we got some hilarious photos!

Anyway, here are a few photos that our friends took -- I love how my retro hair turned out!

cutting the robot cake -- I fed my husband the robot's eye!

we certainly kissed a lot!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: married with pictures!

• awesome!!!!! your hair looked gorgeous and the cake came our great!! congrats to you both :)

House Renovations
    Married Bio

I am a gluten-free, gun-toting wife! :P

I love you, Daddy...2/24/1953 to 2/13/2011image
  • <butting into this board>

Hi Robotcake! - I sent you a PM
    -friend from philly board
    Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • aw, you look wonderful =) Congrats!!
  • Verrrry cute! I would love to do the polaroid thing to make a guestbook, I just worry about how expensive it may be!
    Disclaimer: Please excuse the above comment. I'm probably freaking out because there is less than one month to go. Thank you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Our Huge Planning Blog :) * Updated 06/11

July 2011 Bride
  • Yay!! You look beautiful glad you had a wonderful day!! That is so weird about the Polaroid! I was actually thinking of doing this for our wedding when I was driving in this morning!!

Oct1201212 Twins born at 34w2d, Allison, 3lb,4oz-Ethan, 4lb7oz, both 16 1/2 inches. Out of Difficulties Grow Miracles BestBuddiesBoy AprilPosseMultiLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Beautiful! Congratulations! I love your hair. I think I'm going to have to show it to FSMIL (Both of our stepmoms are hairdressers but Matt's stepmom offered to do my hair) and see what she thinks. I've been going back and forth between victory rolls and an updo plus I'm wearing a bird cage veil.
    Anniversary
  • Congrats! and awsome pics! i love them! and the cake was so cute i dont know if i could cut a cake looking that cute!
  • Oooo I've been waiting for you to post!  Everything looks so amazing!  It's great to see how the cake turned out.  I had no idea it would look metalic.  Fantastic! 

Your right, your retro hair is gorgeous!  I'm glad the mustaches went over well.  I've made some already for our DIY photo booth, because I've always loved mustache photos.  You look good with a little nose beard yourself.  :D
    Our Wedding Website
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Awww, you looked like you had such a great time! That's wonderful. The cake really was hilarious. Love it.
    image 141 Invited so far!
    image 112 Are ready to party!
    image 29 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You look beautious and your hair was rockin'!!!! Congrats! I'm so happy everything went so well for you two. Can't wait to see more pics!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Beautiful pics,I love the mustache !!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • awww thanks everyone!  Nukke-- can't wait to see your mustache pics, too :)  I always thought I'd look good with a mustache, and would definitely grow one if I were a man.  Unfortunately my husband doesn't rock the 'stache so well (I've seen him with a real one and it's frightening).

I'll post "real" (ie, pro) pictures once I have them. I hope those turned out well too! 

and I forgot to mention how amazing our honeymoon in Paris was!  and how hard it is plunging back into reality after it all :(

ledalia-  I was originally going to do something with victory rolls, but wanted an elegant look/updo.  My hair stylist advised against the victory rolls, but I love what we chose instead.  Definitely have your FSMIL try both styles and see what you like best!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congrats and I am so happy all went well! LOVE the cake!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Lovely! Fun cake and I love your moustache photo!
    Crosswalk
  • Awesome!!! Congratulations, it looks like you had a wonderful day!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards