Retro and Vintage Weddings

Color Scheme

Hello, I'm new!  I am getting married next July.  My ceremony will be held in an outdoor amphitheater among the pines at 10,000 feet elevation in the Utah mountains.  My reception will be held at a lodge near Park City, Utah.  I am hoping to create a victorian/mountain theme.  So far, the only thing I've picked out (other than my venues) is my dress:

The color of the dress is Champagne and Ivory Lace over Light Gold... Does anyone have any suggestions for color/design schemes?  I was thinking yellow and white but I'm afraid that won't work with the color of my dress.  We aren't having bridesmaids or groomsmen.  I just need to figure out the scheme of the flowers, stationery, cake, etc.  I love damask.  Red, orange, and pink are definitely out.  Any ideas are greatly appreciated!  
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Color Scheme

• I have the same dress!  It's so gorgeous isn't it??!!  I'm having an evening wedding in May and going with a vintage Hollywood Glam theme.  My colors are black and ivory/champagne.  I also have a lot of silver decor.  I think red and black would look good, especially with damask, but since it's summer you could go with a shade of pink as well.  
  • Spectacular dress! I agree that yellow might clash. If you did things in ivory or brown it might blend well. When I  think of Victorian colors I think of either dark tones or dusky, muted shades of pink, purple, green, and cream. I think that any of those would compliment your dress nicely. If you aren't having attendants, though, I wouldn't worry about things matching your dress. Nobody is going to hold anything up and see if it goes with the gold tones in the fabric.

Photobucket
  • I am having a August 4 Saturday night wedding around 7pm and a sunset reception. My colors are a dark raspberry (Claret on alfred angelo and Sugarplum and ivory) 

these 3 are string colors but they are the general colors for the theme. 

• Why dont you do a dark merlot/purple and maybe a gold? that would be really pretty witht he greena dn brown of your venue.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards