Retro and Vintage Weddings
Options

October Vintage Ideas Needed ***So Lost***

I'm planning my vintage themed wedding for October 2012. Our theme Ian vintage. Colors are Teal, Ivory, and Orange. At first I wanted an in-door house wedding with a backyard reception, but now I think I want a backyard or outdoor wedding and in-door reception. Im very stumped on the decor and how I can make it all flow. Any ideas ??

Re: October Vintage Ideas Needed ***So Lost***

• Options

Welcome! I must be a ninny because I don't know what lan vintage means. Can you describe it and the feel you are going for a bit more?

Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_retro-vintage-weddings_october-vintage-ideas-needed-lost?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:667Discussion:ce7fa7bd-c247-4736-a2e6-c107d1c8fb2fPost:7b2b5ced-3d4a-4acd-8936-862209e33517">Re: October Vintage Ideas Needed ***So Lost***</a>:
    [QUOTE]Welcome! I must be a ninny because <strong>I don't know what lan vintage means</strong>. Can you describe it and the feel you are going for a bit more?
    Posted by graysquirrel[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Yes. Explain.</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Oops! That was a typo! The theme is just vintage! I keep confusing "southern/country styles with vintage. I'm not sure where I want to go with my vintage theme. What movies can I watch to get some inspiration? What other sites can I draw inspiration from?
  • Options
    Well, some more southern/country styles are vintage too. Take Shabby Chic styles, for example. They are considered country-esque but have a vintage feel to them. What era are you going for? That will help in telling you where to look. There are also a lot of links on the sticky note at the top of the board that may help. 
  • Options
    It would help to know what era you were going for. Based on your colors, I would say 40's or 50's. Check out the link to this wedding. Kind of similar palette to yours and it has a retro vibe.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I agree with the shabby chic idea. You might even be able to get away with a country picnic type feel with those colors. If you did shabby chic, you could do lots of soft ivory and then pop in the brighter colors.

If you are not on pinterest yet, I highly recommend getting an account and searching all of the inspiration pics. It can be really helpful!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Go on IMDB.com and type in a decade - the 30's and 40's are a pretty great era of classic films.
  • Options
    Im also doing Vintage - October wedding but we decided to ignore the fact its fall. Its our favorite holiday but theres not too many choices to go with orange/vintage. We chose ivory/black/dark turquoise. Were planning for outdoor ceremony at a private park and a indoor reception in the updated barn. It really depends on what version of "Vintage" you want to, we chose 1940's, we got all of our designs and decorations from every day life back then by watching our favorite 40's movies and (being geeks and playing days straight of L.A.Noir last year) Were also incorperating Peacock feathers into a small amount, were not for a whole peacock theme as it would be straying from Vintage. I also have all my bridesmaids having classic pin-up girl make up and hair.
    Hope i helped somewhat... Goodluck! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards