Retro and Vintage Weddings

AW: first hair piece attempt

Hey ladies!  I decied to try to make my hair piece, and wanted some opinions.  Please excuse the horrid hairdo.  I used a few pieces of those vintage 1930s dangling silk flowers I recently bought (and I have lots leftover).  Plus some duponi silk, lace and tulle.  I bought a junky hair comb from the dollar store, stripped it of all its nonsense, and attached everything to it.  I covered the sewing with a strip of pink sparkly lace (same as in my garter and jewelry).

Does it go with my dress?  I tried to slightly mimic the flower on my dress (duponi silk plus chantili lace). 

Is it finished?

More photos in bio.

Our Wedding Website
Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

Re: AW: first hair piece attempt

• ledalialedalia member
    First Comment
    It is very pretty. Really, you are so talented! I suppose my only concern is the fact that you are wearing dangling earrings. Have you tried them both on together? I'm worried it may be too much.
    Anniversary
  • NukkeNukke member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2010
    hmm yeah i had thought of that

i'll take some pics tomorrow and post some.

eta:  I just tried them on together and didn't like it.  Good thing I didn't sew or glue the  dangly millinery flowers onto the piece, so I just untwined them from the comb and removed them.  I like how it looks much better now.

But now what do I do with these lovely flowers?  hmmm...
    Our Wedding Website
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • I think it's perfection. I would agree with trying it on without the danglies with your earrings, but in my opinion I like pretty dangling things together. It's just a matter of trying it both ways, and seeing what really makes you feel amazing. :)
    Visit Gothic.weddings.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards