Retro and Vintage Weddings

jelly shoes???

OK so i have been waffling on what shoes to wear for the ceremony.
I bought a pair of pale pink/nude ballet flats originally, that I love, but dont look quite right to me.
I already have red Michael Kors flats for the reception.
Cleaning out my closet, I happened upon this old pair of clear jelly flats I bought a few years ago and never wore. Good condition, comfy, peep toe with little silver sparkles. Remind me of Cinderella lol.
Now I'm no conventional bride by any means, so it wouldnt shock anyone if I of all people sported jelly shoes at my wedding..but is it too weird? or fun and quirky?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: jelly shoes???

• if you love um go for it, they remind me of the late 80's and being a kid, they always gave me blisters but I had three pairs and lived in them anyway
  • NukkeNukke member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2010
    I LOVE jelly shoes, but--to me--they're a bit too casual for a wedding.  But then I also cringe when anyone mentions wearing flipflops for their reception, so maybe my level of shoe formality is a bit stiffer than most XD.  If you love them, though, you should really wear what makes you feel best. 

If not the wedding, you could certainly wear them for the rehearsal dinner (if you're having one) or bridal shower (if you're having one).
    Our Wedding Website
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • They look like tons of fun, but I agree with Nukke-- kinda informal. I seem to remember getting sticky, dirty feet with them as opposed to regular flip flops & open toes-- the plastic sticks and does not let air in. They would really be a great option for your rehersal dinner.

Photobucket
  • I love those. They send me into memory land of running around in a different color pair of jellys everyday on my grandma's farm lol. I used to feel like I was cinderella that didn't have to worry about breaking her glass slipper because mine could bend lol.
  • I love jelly shoes!!  I also remember pretending that they were my "glass slippers". 

You can always change into the jelly shoes at the reception -- that way you have a formal look for the ceremony, and something fun & comfy for the party.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards