Vineyard Weddings
Options

19 days!! I can't believe it.

So our wedding is just 19 days away!  We have our final count, the favors are almost done (I did lots of diy stuff), and the dress fits to a T.  Still have to write my vows and buy the man a gift for the day of.  

Other than that, it's the waiting game and paying everyone off!

*sigh*  I can't believe it.

What are you ladies most concerned about for the big day?

Re: 19 days!! I can't believe it.

• Options
    wow!  congrats!  what are your favors?  i am clueless on what to do for those....

my biggest concern is FI's family are already complaining about having to come all the way to California to our wedding.  (they all live in NY & NJ).  i just wish they would let us do what we want instead of making us feel bad about our decision.  sigh.  oh well... you cant please everyone, right?
  • Options
    Oh...I'm having a destination wedding as far as my family is concerned too.  We live in GA and neither of our families do, so they all have to travel.  I'm sure it's not their cup of tea and of the 90 that I invited we only have 54 coming.  You definitely learn who cares about you!

Our favors are pretty cute actually!  It's a DIY I did with a wine cork keychain.  There's a picture below.  If you look up wine cork keychain in a search engine there are directions.

I just attached a handmade sticker using our wedding font that says, "Thanks for celebrating with us!  John & Melissa 6.26.2010"  I really love how they turned out!

• Options
    Yeah, we did edible favors for the table assignments.  You can't have too many favors!  People love to be given things.

I'm also doing a tub of flip flops in case people want to kick of the heels.   It's a covered patio area for the dancing so heels could get caught between boards or something.
  • Options
    OH my family has some negativity about where we chose to have our wedding as well! You are most certainly not alone! My finace and I chose a vineyard that happens to be perfectly in the middle for both families..which we thought was perfect. However, my mom is already concerned and doesn't think many people on my side of the family will come because of the 3 hour drive. Maybe that's the case...but I doubt it...my parents just aren't big on travelling. So we're going to do it our way despite that negativity and have a great time!

I'm still undecided on favors as well. I know for sure we are having a cookie buffet brought out later on in the night for late-night snacking.  Maybe we'll put out some cute favor boxes for the guests to take home.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards