Vineyard Weddings
Options

Wine Ceremony?

Can someone explain what a wine ceremony is? I've seen a couple of posts about this but am completely clueless. We are getting married outdoors at a winery and my FI is not thrilled about a sand ceremony. Maybe a wine ceremony would work for us?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wine Ceremony?

• Options
    Thanks! That really helps. I like the idea. Now I just have to convince the FI. He doesnt think anything like this is necessary.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_vineyard-weddings_wine-ceremony?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:669Discussion:a9e343b6-ae2d-47c7-925e-3fd0a5a6bacfPost:08d5ecda-a61e-4830-b334-e842322a9f25">Re: Wine Ceremony?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mixing red and white wine doesn't have to be gross. A lot of wineries make rose blends using whites and reds together. Try experimenting with different combinations. I really like this idea, we might use it now too!
    Posted by TiffanyS720[/QUOTE]

Oh dear - please understand that rose wine is not made by simply mixing together white and red wines. These wines are made from a tried and true regulated process using red grapes, but the skins are left on for just a few hours to give it that pink color.    Perhaps some wineries are jeopardizing the sanctity of rose wine by mixing white and red -- just understand that is not what a true rose is (or tastes like)!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards